Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Idlewild Album

Options
  • 03-07-2006 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Good news for fans of Idlewild. The Scottish boys are back in the studio to record their sixth album with producer Dave Eringa who worked on the '100 Broken Windows' and 'The Remote Part' albums. No release date as yet though but a tour will no doubt follow its release.

On a sadder note, bassist and former Turn man Gavin Fox is no longer playing with the band. He has decided to move back to Ireland to work with his new group called Curse of Cain. Gareth Russell is to be the new four stringer.

Meanwhile, Roddy's solo album entitled 'My Secret Is My Silence' will be released on July 24th.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I hope the music harks back to days of old too, the last album was a bit of a let down alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Doctor J wrote:
    I hope the music harks back to days of old too, the last album was a bit of a let down alright.

agreed, but there were still some good tracks on the latest release mainly El Capitan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I agree also. I barely even listened to the last album. Though I did like the first single, whatever it was called. Obviously didn't like it that much. Another tour would be good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Bloody Idlewild broke my foot

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tricky@

Warnings/Promises is underrated imo.would include Too Long Awake from it in my top 5 idlewild songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I hope their new album is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The last album had some excellent songs. El Capitan and Goodbye were probably my favourites and Too Long Awake, Love Steals Us From Lonliness and As If I Hadn't Slept were pretty good too. That's half the album which in my opinion isn't bad going.

It would be nice if the new stuff had an early-Idlewild sound but I liked the last album a lot. Either way check it out, and Roddy's solo album. I really love the song he has on his myspace page.

www.myspace.com/rwoomble

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tricky@

Any thoughts on Roddy's solo album now its released. I like it although I seem to be in the minority of people who liked warnings/promises and would've thought that if didn't like that you aren't gonna like the solo record.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i thought the last album was ridiculously bad, and made me look at the rest of their albums in a different light.

On warnings/promises there is officially the worst lyric of all time:

'My anger is a form of madness,
    So i'd rather have hope than sadness'

Yup

Advertisement