Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Discount on Commuter Irish Rail?

Options
  • 03-07-2006 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi there,

having paid 6.70 to go to town and back from Skerries, was wondering is there any student discount on commuter tickets with Irish Rail?

I looked up their website and it looks like there are only discounts for those travelling outside Dublin... is this for real?

If someone knows better, would they let me know please! ;)

ta very much!

micamaca

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/monthly.asp

Would top one suit you? (combined bus and rail ticket)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Micamaca

Ahhh... I didn't see that one as the bus service out this direction is diabolical!

Unfortunately no, was just looking for something for rail and its really quite expensive if you're paying per trip, whereas if they had a monthly ticket.... but that would probably cost an arm and a leg too...not know for great discounts. Would be nice if they just had a student discount per use. but I guess not!

thanks anyway though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Is the not a monthly Bus and Rail ticket. I live in Skerries and yeah the bus service is not particularly good, but at the weekend it the 33 does fill in a few long gaps with the trains.

Skerries to Dublin is only a commuter line, for a single journey discount you need to travel a longer distance.

have only been on that 33 bus once since i moved here... took 45 mins to get back from Swords to Skerries, that was off-peak and with a looney speedy bus-driver... 45 mins. that's just not happening!

We all have better things to be doing with our time, you wouldn't see any TD's doing this! why should we have to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Micamaca wrote:
    have only been on that 33 bus once since i moved here... took 45 mins to get back from Swords to Skerries, that was off-peak and with a looney speedy bus-driver... 45 mins. that's just not happening!

We all have better things to be doing with our time, you wouldn't see any TD's doing this! why should we have to :(

Not wantign to brag, but I got the nitelink two weeks ago, the crazy f*&ker did it in about 45 minutes, worst case senerio, it took over 2 hours (the bus went on fire)

• Advertisement

Yeah, did the vomit comet once too but some other crazy f*£ker on that bit, yes bit, the head of another person on the bus. And am sure there were a couple of druggies on it too, a bit of a scary experience! not sure will be doing that again for awhile and it took aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages!

but someone being bitten in the head, actually saw shape of person's teeth on this guys head. yuck! and man that's a little too psycho! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I don't know if there are student rates. I do know though, that if there are, you have to get their own student card. Aparently an NUI issued student card isn't enough.

Advertisement