Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun places to go with a two year old?

Options
  • 03-07-2006 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi There,

The boyfriend and I have a week off planned the week of the August Bankholiday. We won't be able to go abroad and now I am looking for some fun things to do as Daytrips with our two year old little girl. We live in North County Dublin so preferrably something within 1.5 - 2 hrs drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Mieneke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You are close to Newgrange. Not the funniest for a 2yo but still worth it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

What about Dublin Zoo?
    Or if you would be willing to drive for about 2 hours longer than that, Foto Island is lovely. The animals look a lot happier than they do in the Zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Close to home you have Ardgillan Castle & Demesne. They've just opened a new playground there & it is superb. Nice spot for a picnic too. And there are the beaches nearby in Skerries for a bit of a paddle & some bracing sea air.

The farm at Newbridge Demesne near Donabate is also worth a visit. My young lad loves seeing the animals up there. There's a picnic area & playground there too.

Advertisement