Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25 Re-Buy for OnepercentPledge/Poker4Charity @ Fitz Sat 8th July

Options
  • 03-07-2006 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

As a side event to the GB vs Ireland Heads-up we will be running a €25 rebuy NL Holdem game open to all. There should be a great atmosphere after the internaional game (Which starts at 2pm). The GB team and their supporters (about 20) will be playing.

I really want this to be as big as poss and would like there to be a great boards presence.

The players from GB will also be in the Fitz for the Friday Scalps game so the weekend should be a great poker event.

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.) OnePercentPledge
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.) Charity
    3. Date and Location of event Sat 8th July 9pm
    4. Registration and Start time of event. 9pm
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc) Fitz membership
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) In club on night
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.) Rebuy NL Holdem
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. €25 Buyin (inc €5 reg) €25 rebuys/topup (inc €5 to charity in each)
    9. Cost of registration €5 inc in Buyin
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund €20 of each €25
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool. No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. 1 Hour
    13. Starting Chips TBA
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. TBA
    15. Blind levels TBA
    16. Blind timeframes TBA
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc) Depending on numbers
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill Fitz Dealers
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules Standard Fitz rules
    20. Is there a tournament director Luke Ivory
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. TD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Nice one Dave and gl with it, now anyone got any advice for heads-up play? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Dave or Mike, do we have a full lists of the Irish and UK players yet for the heads-up game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

A few last minute alterations being made at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Oxegen anyone?! :(

best of luck with this!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ditpoker wrote:
    Oxegen anyone?! :(

best of luck with this!
    Foolish error that, letting music get in the way of poker. Ah but you are young grasshopper, soon you will become too old for camping in a fiend with 40,000 people and paying €7 for a pint of p1ss in a plastic glass that you spill half of before you get to drink it.

Cue Mary Hopkin (Cheers Google)....

Those were the days my friend,
    We thought they'd never end,
    We's sing and dance forever and a day............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

5starpool wrote:
    Foolish error that, letting music get in the way of poker. Ah but you are young grasshopper, soon you will become too old for camping in a fiend with 40,000 people and paying €7 for a pint of p1ss in a plastic glass that you spill half of before you get to drink it.

Cue Mary Hopkin (Cheers Google)....

Those were the days my friend,
    We thought they'd never end,
    We's sing and dance forever and a day............

la la la laAAA la la, la la la laAAA la la
    lalalalA, la laa la la la laaaaa

Back on topic: I won't be around that weekend. Big shame. I'd love to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Really want to get a crowd at this so please consider it for you Saturday entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

brianmc wrote:
    la la la laAAA la la, la la la laAAA la la
    lalalalA, la laa la la la laaaaa

Back on topic: I won't be around that weekend. Big shame. I'd love to play
    your saving your self some heart ache man cuz i will be there along with my QTo...

Gholimoli wrote:
    your saving your self some heart ache man cuz i will be there along with my QTo...

It's no match for my J5s!

An extra €20 to 1PP if a boards.ie can take gholimoli out of this tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

If my ticket for poxegen remains lost in the ether of An Post
    I will more than likely, almost definatly turn up for this and the earlier game.
    Beginners luck will see me through ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

5starpool wrote:
    soon you will become too old for camping in a fiend

The toilet facilities in fiends were never up to standard. Anyway I think I'll pop along to this.

musician wrote:
    The toilet facilities in fiends were never up to standard. Anyway I think I'll pop along to this.
    damn fiends :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

This game was INSANE!!!!

Loadsa money was raised for charity though, and I imagine the prize pool is massive....

Had smurph, BigD, 5starpool and careca at my table and there were multiple Cries of "CHIPS!!!!" after EVERY HAND :D

My aces got cracked.... :(

Still, all for a good cause and I hope a Boardie takes it down....

3 way chop at about 3.50am. Blinds were at 5/10k and not freezing. I was (marginal) chip lead with 140k. Mark (Kinaldo) and one of the British team (Budda) chopped it 3 ways for 920 (less tips) each. They both had over 100k too.

Mike Lacey finished 4th when he lost his chips in 3 consequetive pots going in ahead in each of them, one against each of us.

It was insane alright. I think I had 5 rebuys and a topup. There were 44 entries and 149 rebuys/topups. 2 of the British team has 47 rebuys between the 2 of them, and they were on the same table!!!!!

Great craic, and once the rebuys stopped it turned into a good tourney. I am amazed the final rebuy count was that low actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Apologies to Cardshark, BigD, KP, Shortstack and other boardsies I may have sucked out on it was my first game in over a month and had to be done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Yes, a most enjoyable tournament. Lots of crack at the tables, with some of the British boys being incredibly good company.

Then BigDragon cracks my aces with QJs, and suddenly it's not fun any more... :D

Best craic I have had in ages. Most hilarious was Royal Flush moving in UTG withh 99 and I had the pleasure of finding AA in the big blind. Revenge is sweet.

Apolgies to Smurph's other half and any others I eliminated with my new CHief Brody/Eagle style of play but draws are always favourites :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

Well done Mike on 4th place, at least you made good use of my chips.
    See you again in Drogheda on the 6th. Martin :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Really would of liked to play this tourney it was so much fun you's worked me hard last night lads but it was worth it. well done to all ya's that choped it.
    And to dave for puttin on such a good event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

kinaldo wrote:
    Apologies to Cardshark, BigD, KP, Shortstack and other boardsies I may have sucked out on it was my first game in over a month and had to be done.

You should be sorry but I bet you ain't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

You should be sorry but I bet you ain't.

Damn you caught me blatantly lying! (and I particularly enjoyed getting one over you)

Any details on Gholimoli's exit from this? Or more specifically, who his executioner was?

brianmc wrote:
    Any details on Gholimoli's exit from this? Or more specifically, who his executioner was?

He was at my table but gave up after 7 rebuys which was fair enough. Until the last three hands there was at least 3 allins preflop every hand on our table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

So who won the weight loss prop bet? Do I owe Ntl €50?

7 rebuys. Hmmm... I think that's enough to justify a donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

brianmc wrote:
    7 rebuys. Hmmm... I think that's enough to justify a donation.
    just to clarify this im no fish and each time my chips went in when i was ahead.the only problem was i had 6 or 7 other ppl in with me each time and my 22,22,AT,AJ,89,76 failed to hold up for some reason.
    i really had high hopes for the 76 hand as it was a really big pot.
    ah well it was for good cuz(or so i keep telling my self).
    great craic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

I played in this and it was a scream. First 5 hands there wer 2 All ins (on the blind) preflop. I stayed away from that, then went all in 5 hands in a row. KQ 88 JJ A10, lost all of them, then won two pots, so had 9K or there abouts, when the good old reliable 22 (just ask ollieboy, cracked his Aces when I hit a set of 2's in the cash game) came to my rescue. 4 people All in preflop and myself and english guy were the only ones left with money. He went all in blind as the dealer was turning over the flop which had a gorgeous 2 on it. I took me 5 minutes (i sh*t you not) to stack my chips, i had about 40K, and sat back for oh 5 minutes before getting involved again. I was actually ahead on every pot I went into and lost, should have gone to the pub and waited til the madness of the buy-ins were over. So when the dust settled i was up getting a buy-in and top up, and sat had 5K after the break. Went out in 2nd hand after the break. Rollercoaster of a game, but great fun. Well done Dave and the lads for organising a great nights entertainment, the english lads were great fun and there was a brilliant atmosphere there. Glad to hear that you put my chips to good use 5starpool, great to hear you split it

Advertisement