Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flaming Lips

Options
  • 02-07-2006 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

Clouds Taste Metallic for me

Only done the Zaireeka trick once. Short one stereo here.

What's your favourite Flaming Lips album 52 votes

Telepathic Surgery
    0%
    In A Priest Driven Ambulance
    0%
    Hit To Death In The Future Head
    0%
    Transmissions From The Satellite Heart
    3%
    Belle Endeflynnduism 2 votes
    Clouds Taste Metallic
    5%
    honruAmazotheamazingBrian Capture 3 votes
    Zaireeka
    7%
    DerekD GoldfishnlgbbbblthindiewindyDoomspell 4 votes
    The Soft Bulletin
    1%
    p.pete 1 vote
    Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
    30%
    Jimi-SpandexMiguel_SanchezparasitenonemoreblackBadly Drunk BoyAttractive NunAcerferrari3200TomohawkjtsuitedMr RiversmaquiladoraBoo-yah[Deleted User]Bixmoomotownciaranhickey 16 votes
    At War With The Mystics
    40%
    PiEDont be at yourselfGoodshapeCrucifixsmackbunnybabyPrezatchJohnAndrew 83Gileadijames_d_23DeLaBassGarretAndy-PandydeedlesodhranBodhidharmalegologic*Tripper*mal1adebisi 21 votes
    Other - Hear It Us / Oh My Gawd / etc
    9%
    PunchbowlRE*AC*TORscargillZappaFrankclickclick 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Zaireeka
    Typo under Other

- should read Here It Is

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

At War With The Mystics
    Yoshimi all the way.

The other albums are class too but your always going to have the fondest memories for the album you dicovered the band on.The Soft Bulletin is probably their best though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

At War With The Mystics
    I like "Yoshimi..." though to be fair I haven't heard much of their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Clouds Taste Metallic
    I chose Transmissions... My mate recently had Zaireeka set up and ready to go but there weren't enough CD players. :( Crazy idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

At War With The Mystics
    I went with Yoshimi... myself. It's hard to choose one but I think that is the peak so far. Altogether it's the album that fits together best, not that there's a bad song on the earlier albums but they seem a little scattered.

I did Zaireeka properly once and it was great. I've done it at home using up to three CD players in various combinations which is great as I've yet to hear it done the same way twice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Clouds Taste Metallic
    Transmissions, followed by Soft Bulletin, have a soft spot for Hit to the Death too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Aww, I'm the only one for The Soft Bulletin? It's a pure dream of an album

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

At War With The Mystics
    Yoshimi for me, but Soft Bulletin runs it close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Soft Bulletin 'cos its the first I heard, then I suppose Yoshimi 'cos I bought it at the same time. "Race for the Prize" is their finest hour and the song that got me really interested in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

At War With The Mystics
    Yoshimi..., once again because it was the first one that I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Other - Hear It Us / Oh My Gawd / etc
    I liked the soft bulletin a lot, and though Yoshimi was quite good - but I absolutely love the new album.

Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

I like The Soft Bulletin best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The Soft Bulletin
    Zaireeka is far from their best stuff musically but I find the concept of it fun and original - even if my copy is just sitting gathering dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Clouds Taste Metallic
    Good article on them in the current rolling stone, can be read for free on rollingstone.com

Interesting to read his comments on drugs and where he lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

At War With The Mystics
    I loved Yoshimi. Transmissions was also a good album. One I could listen through no bother. I loved soft bulletin but I heard yoshimi before I heard it so I think that's swayed me Yoshimi's way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Soft Bulletin for me.

Fond memories of spending long mornings in bed in first year of college (5 years ago now) and listening to Soft Bulletin with my girlfriend.

Go Soft Bulletin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I liked the soft bulletin a lot, and though Yoshimi was quite good - but I absolutely love the new album.

Great stuff.

Am I the only person in the land that thinks the latest album is a load of sh*te?

Yoshimi was ok. But its Soft Bulletin, Satellite Heart and Clouds taste Metallic that I alway end up wanting to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

gotta be soft bulletin and yoshimi. Did the Zaireeka thing with four cars before, it was prett crazy. One of my mates nearly threw up during one of the songs blaming the bass frequencies :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

At War With The Mystics
    Am I the only person in the land that thinks the latest album is a load of sh*te?

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's ****e but I have to say it's a bit of a dip in quality.

Advertisement