Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question on The Doors

Options
  • 30-06-2006 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to remember the name of one of their songs but cant for the life of me. Can someone tell me the name of their famous song which has great classical guitar playing in it? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭ZappaFrank

Spanish Caravan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

ZappaFrank wrote:
    Spanish Caravan

I'd say thats it but it's hardly well known!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

yep, that's the song. great song, thanks.

do they have any other acoustic/classical songs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Before he joined the doors, Robbie Krieger was an amazing flamenco guitarist, and thats weird because they've very few acoustic songs. Try the 'Essential Rareties'. There's a few acoustic demos on it, like 'hyacinth house'.

Oh yeah, Jim Morrison:35 years gone this weekend. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Before he joined the doors, Robbie Krieger was an amazing flamenco guitarist, and thats weird because they've very few acoustic songs. Try the 'Essential Rareties'. There's a few acoustic demos on it, like 'hyacinth house'.

Oh yeah, Jim Morrison:35 years gone this weekend. RIP

Kreiger was only playing electric guitar 6 months when he joined the doors. According to the book "No one here gets out alive".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Anto McC wrote:
    I'd say thats it but it's hardly well known!

It's pretty damn well known. I just stopped a dude on the street outside our offices here on Pearse St. and asked him and he said he'd heard of it.

So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

It's pretty damn well known. I just stopped a dude on the street outside our offices here on Pearse St. and asked him and he said he'd heard of it.

So there.
    Pighead just phoned his Mother and shes heard of it too. So there, again!
    Although in fairness she did spend a fair part of the late 60's working as a roadie for The Doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

"Light My Fire"? never heard of it....

Advertisement