Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q re: King's Inn

Options
  • 30-06-2006 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

One of my nieces applied for a place in college to study law as she wants to b a solicitor in the future. but one of her friends told her she wouldn't b allowed to do exams in King's Inn aft shes graduated cause somebody in her family has had criminal convictions before.

is that true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭focusing

No. It's not true.

Email King's Inns if you want to check:

The website's www.kingsinns.ie

If the student themself has a conviction of a serious, sexual, violent or dishonest nature, that would cause problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RedRose

Thank you. will check King's Inn site and tell my niece to email them.
    thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭focusing

And if she's interested in being a solicitor, take a look at www.lawsociety.ie

King's Inns is the training body for barristers and the Law Society trains solicitors

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Which college did she apply to?

A law degree is useful not only for those who want to be barristers or solicitors but in general management/business/finance areas too (or at least that's what I've been told!)

Advertisement