Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is going to what 2nite?

Options
  • 30-06-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭

i think i head in to Fitz my self but what else is on the menue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Gholimoli wrote:
    menue?

you had to didn't you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I'm going to bed, poker has kicked me around too much this month

tomorrow I buy a salmon coloured jumper as stage 1 of my rehabilitation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I'm shaving my head, putting on 5 stone, getting a Chinese linguaphone cd, practising saying po', making a shrine to the poker gods AND buying a salmon coloured jumper.

How can I lose?

ianmc38 wrote:
    I'm shaving my head, putting on 5 stone, getting a Chinese linguaphone cd, practising saying po', making a shrine to the poker gods AND buying a salmon coloured jumper.

How can I lose?

you've overlooked the prison tattoos, you are doomed to fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

ocallagh wrote:
    you had to didn't you...
    Stop, please,..........I can't take anymore. :p

• Advertisement

Gholi i'm bringing this along to the next tourney we play in.

0439553733.jpg

you've overlooked the prison tattoos, you are doomed to fail

My Achilles heal, how could I have forgotten....

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

ianmc38 wrote:
    My Achilles heal

I've decided to laugh at this.

My reasoning is that either you did it on purpose and it is a demonstration of a subtle wit or you have made a mistake worth slagging you about. The end result in either way is that I should laugh.

If it was Gholimoli you should be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

wouldnt it be the funniest thing if boardsters bought salmon jumpers and all ended up on the same table as himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

ianmc38 wrote:
    If it was Gholimoli you should be worried.
    i dont get it...
    :D

LMAO

Washout, you may well be onto something here

although it sounds like a bad acid trip tbh...a table of Chief Brodies all trying to out-Chief the Chief himself?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

If someone gets dragged into Penneys or Dunnes and spies a salmon coloured jumper let me know?.

Gholimoli wrote:
    LMAO

I wasn't joking

the salmon coloured jumper is crucial to the plan.

this is going to be Chapter 1 in my new book; "How to look really, really cool, impress all the chicks and win loads of money at poker, give up the day job, win the WSOP and be looked up to by all and sundry"

<working title only>

<<order your advance copy now for $129.99, no refunds>>

does any one wanna meet for a pint before hand?

Gholimoli wrote:
    i dont get it...
    :D

In spite of the smile, I still don't think you get it :p

Gholimoli wrote:
    does any one wanna meet for a pint before hand?

Will probably play the fitz if my drinking buddies get tired before 9pm (they work in office thingys).. so if im there before 8.30 ill head over to larrys for one!

ps: will be down in o'reillys (tara st) if u are really desperate for a pint!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd love to play :(

I went to what tonite and was involved in a 4 way even split which included ocallagh. It didnt half go on, im only back now!.

• Advertisement

totally shattered. strangest game of poker ever. I relied on about 4 50-50's and folded everything else.

sorry for the ramble...

I played 4 hands in 4 hrs (seriously) and they were all all-ins. First I lost with TT vs 88 vs 66. (8 on flop).. buyin... second hand about 1 hr later I double up with 88 vs AQ for a nice pot. After those 2 hands I got a really bad run of cards for about 3 hours. Every time I pick up something like J8 in late position there's a raise before me. I got really angry which frightened me.. I threw the cards at the dealer (semi mistake..) at one stage and had to go for a smoke. I was incredibly bored. Anyway, I am mega short with 3 tables left, but I find a MONSTER in late position.. A9. So I get the blinds. Then next hand I can't believ my eyes. I peek down and spot ATo. I manage to get it all in against JQ. So double to about the average.. They were my 4 hands up till we got down to 18 players..

Make it to 2nd last table with exactly half the average stack. I push most buttons and survive... then double up with A9 vs 77 (A99 flop :)).

Make it to final table with average stack (35k). Final table starts and the chip leader is in the cut off on my BB. Blinds were huge, 2k/4k. CL is raising 2.5X BB in cut off and button every round. I let the first go (I had 57..) but the second time he did it I called with 79 fully intending to pull a 9 high stop n go as long as the flop aint AKQ. I did it for 2 reasons. First the pot offered me good value and I could easily hit. 2nd, the blinds were huge and I had to let him know I was going to defend mine! Anyway, I get my flop of T63 and push. He folds thank god and leaves my BB alone for the rest of the night! total result. I push a lot and get my stack to about 50k. rounders123 is also pushing a lot too :) Everyone at the table is growing tired of it I think. The original CL didn't get to play any of his BB's I think!!

A few players get knocked out. SB then goes all in on my BB and I find 99. I call and take him out. Up to about 70k now and continue to raise a lot! I got lucky and found an ace on the button a few times. When it got 4 handed we were all level enough so we went for a split. The blinds were about to go up to 4k 8k and with the average stack at 75k we called it a night. I can't be sure, but I think I played only two hands with a flop the entire night. My only showdowns were from all-ins pre-flop!! Crazy night of poker and not very enjoyable! (bar the final table)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I went to what tonite and was involved in a 4 way even split which included ocallagh. It didnt half go on, im only back now!.

Result!!! WP lads!! Absolutely delighted to hear this. :D

Sounds like a wierd night for you Niall but the cash will cheer you up i guess !! :p

ffs,
    i got up to about 6K before the break when i my pushed with my 56o and got few callers who has limped before me.
    they had A9,A9 and AK and i got a 6 on the river to take the pot.
    after the break i get JJ and a raise to 1K after an EP limper.
    he calls and flop comes 257 .he checks and i bet 1.5K he raises it to 4K and i go all in .he has me covered and calls .
    he has 66 and i my JJ holds um and im flying on about 16K.
    couple of hands later i get AK and make it 1K after a limper again.
    flop comes A high all clubs.limper is short and he checks and i move all in and he folds.
    ne very next hand i get AKs again.
    this focken muppet who has the exact same stack as me (very deep) comes and seats to my direct right.
    he limps and i make it 1k again.
    he calls.
    flop comes 562r with one club.
    he bets 1.5K in to 2K pot.
    i make it 5K he flat calls.
    turn comes a K . he checks and i bet 7K leaving my self around 7K or so.
    he thinks about it and calls.
    im there like what the fock.i thought he may have a dominated K as i knew if he could beat a single pair he would have moved all in as i was shown i was pot commited.
    turn comes a 4 and he moves all in.
    i call him and he shows 78o for a str that got there on the river.
    i really wanted to punch the head of him.
    :@{P$""%"£ %"£%"£% %"£:mad:

ollyk1 wrote:
    Result!!! WP lads!! Absolutely delighted to hear this. :D

Sounds like a wierd night for you Niall but the cash will cheer you up i guess !! :p

Thanks Olly. Felt great, now im hoping for more of the same in Drogheda tomorrow!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Gholimoli wrote:
    ffs,
    i got up to about 6K before the break when i my pushed with my 56o and got few callers who has limped before me.
    they had A9,A9 and AK and i got a 6 on the river to take the pot.
    after the break i get JJ and a raise to 1K after an EP limper.
    he calls and flop comes 257 .he checks and i bet 1.5K he raises it to 4K and i go all in .he has me covered and calls .
    he has 66 and i my JJ holds um and im flying on about 16K.
    couple of hands later i get AK and make it 1K after a limper again.
    flop comes A high all clubs.limper is short and he checks and i move all in and he folds.
    ne very next hand i get AKs again.
    this focken muppet who has the exact same stack as me (very deep) comes and seats to my direct right.
    he limps and i make it 1k again.
    he calls.
    flop comes 562r with one club.
    he bets 1.5K in to 2K pot.
    i make it 5K he flat calls.
    turn comes a K . he checks and i bet 7K leaving my self around 7K or so.
    he thinks about it and calls.
    im there like what the fock.i thought he may have a dominated K as i knew if he could beat a single pair he would have moved all in as i was shown i was pot commited.
    turn comes a 4 and he moves all in.
    i call him and he shows 78o for a str that got there on the river.
    i really wanted to punch the head of him.
    :@{P$""%"£ %"£%"£% %"£:mad:

What did you have mate? I'm guessing the flop missed you and you had a K.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

WP Aido and Niall, I didnt know you guys were going in, my Dad was looking for a game and I would have brought him again just for you Niall.....lol

Ollieboy wrote:
    WP Aido and Niall, I didnt know you guys were going in, my Dad was looking for a game and I would have brought him again just for you Niall.....lol

Thanks Ollieboy. It was a late decision to go really. Basically if that horse at the Curragh yesterday evening didnt do what he was supposed to do i might not have went in:D

p.s
    There was an announcement in the fitz last nite that BigDragon has a 1percent game on saturday week which im sure he'll advertise here in time which i'd say will be a friendly game and would be a good game to bring along your dad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Ollieboy wrote:
    What did you have mate? I'm guessing the flop missed you and you had a K.

He says he has AKs in his post :-)

Advertisement