Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 1300 DVD Region

Options
  • 29-06-2006 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how to disable the region protection on the DVD player in a Dell Inspiron 1300?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I'm not sure how to disable it, but afair if you use VLC to play dvds, it ignores the region encoding.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Seems to do the trick, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

You could also use anydvd http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html and you can use whatever program you like to play the dvd, although you have to pay for it so in my opinion you would be better sticking with VLC, but the option is there.

Otherwise, to make the actual drive region free, you'd have to flash some hacked firmware onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just out of curiosity, who makes your dvd rom on your dell? I have this matshi-ta (panasonic) in my dell inspiron 1000 lappy and not even with VLC will it play DVDs. I have tried just about everything. No big deal anyway, just wondering. :)

Advertisement