Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade The TV Series?

Options
  • 29-06-2006 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this? It was meant to air last night in the states. I only heard of it today though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Didn't even hear about this. Live action?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Aye, then main badguy played "Micheal" in the ep where they find the clone in stargate season 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

kirk jones AKA "Sticky Fingaz"
    looks like he's been a busy boy.

wonder if it will be any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

David S. Goyer is the driving force behind the new show. Loyal readers know that Goyer wrote all three "Blade" movies and directed the third one. He also scored big with last year's "Batman Begins".

Sounds intriguing. Bring it on over here

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Ya, just watched it last night as I have just moved to the US. It was good I thought, at first I found it hard to imagine anyone else but wesley snipes as blade but the guy pulls it off well. I dont want to give away the story but it looks as though its taken up after the second blade film, could be wrong. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

• Advertisement

Some of the early reviews slated the first few episodes but said that the series slowly picks up. I for one have been anticipating this since it was first announced almost 3 years ago.

Sticky Fingaz is a decant actor as he's proved in the Shield and Over There, but he does lack Snipe's presence.

It was obvious that Snipes really cared for the character of Blade, and if rumours are to believed he was told that they did not want him for the series. He objected to the Blade Trinity script because he felt that they relegated Blade to the sidelines in order to kick start some propossed franchises. But if Goyer can bring even a fraction of the writing from the first two Blade films then this couold be well worth watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

not too sure, here's a link to a trailer for the tv show. doesn't sound right without snipes delivering the lines imo

http://www.ugo.com/channels/FilmTv/trailer/player.asp?articleID=17551

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the ads on tv for this make it look pretty woeful.

It's on the same tv channel that shows craig charles crazy japanese show every night and from 3am-6pm shows nothing but girls gone wild adverts.

quality stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

bedlam wrote:
    Just watched it, it's a bit early to tell, acting is not the best and it's going to take a bit of getting used to Kirk Jones as Blade. Fight scenes seem wooden and generally don't flow as well as those performed by snipes, but I guess that's what marshal arts training gives you. Of all the weapons the
    sunglasses were a bit of a stretch, garlic bullets sure, UV flash bombs ok, but glasses that can tell you the percentage of humans/vampires in a room, a bit ott.

No that was
    showing the body temperature of the people in the club, a vampires temp i would think would be alot lower than a humans, so it some sort of a thermal camera. But i just didnt like how chunky the glasses were compared to snipes, they got to hold all the electronics i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It cann't be much worse then the third movie, they ruined a great set of movies.

But will look forward to the TV Series. :)

Yeah Wesley Snipes is the one and only Blade IMO.

A link

http://www.spiketv.com/#shows/blade/index.jhtml

No Whistler :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Bravo have the UK TV rights to it. More here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Gona give it a bash. Have all 3 films and loved it.

Hopefully some of the series is decent enough to pass the summer away

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I enjoyed it. It was slow starting, but the last 30 minutes were very entertaining. Looks like one to watch..... I thought Sticky did a good job.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Mordeth wrote:
    the ads on tv for this make it look pretty woeful.

It's on the same tv channel that shows craig charles crazy japanese show every night and from 3am-6pm shows nothing but girls gone wild adverts.

quality stuff
    You mean Takeishi's castle? Holy crap, cillian, what has canada done to you? :p

Am I the only sane person here, aside from the action scenes, Wesley Snipes sucked as blade, he is an abyssmal acter :o

Still, I am by no means defending this show. It looks like it will do for the Blade francise, what Mutant X did for the X-men one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

TmB wrote:
    I enjoyed it. It was slow starting, but the last 30 minutes were very entertaining. Looks like one to watch..... I thought Sticky did a good job.
    my thoughts exactly.
    i'm definitely looking forward to the next episode anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Am I the only sane person here, aside from the action scenes, Wesley Snipes sucked as blade, he is an abyssmal acter

The first two films are excellent, the third movie dissappointed with the death of Whistler (again) and the introduction of Jessica Biel and Ryan Renolds for the teeny bopper market.

Snipes played a very cool Blade.

If you have only seen Trinty don't put down Blade, go out and watch the first two films.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

watched the muck that was Blade Trinity last night! OMG!
    horrible movie, utter toliet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Watched the first episode of the series last night and thought it was pretty good. Sticky isn't a bad Blade at all, just had to get over him not being Kern Little and me expecting Mackey to turn up at any minute.

I'm looking forward to more anyway. I think it's definitely one for Blade fans even if you didn't like the third film. Lets' just pretend that one didn't happen, like Alien Resurection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I watched the second ep last night. I thought it was pretty good. Sticky is a pretty good Blade. Even though this ep was more based around the Vamps.

Advertisement