Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda NSX;

Options
  • 28-06-2006 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of one for sale in Ireland at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

junkyard wrote:

I know of none for sale, and I've only ever seen one in my life, I want one. If you get one you have to bring it to a show someday and I'll definately try be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,137 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

junkyard wrote:

Very rare over here, I have ever only seen one in the flesh, a mint 1991 one in red and that was a couple of years ago. Your best bet is probably the UK but they are not cheap even over there are they are still very sought after.

Awsome car though. I prefer the look of original the pre 2001 model, saying that the sound from NSX-R is something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

:D There was one around Tralee a couple of years ago but I haven't see it since, it might have been exported. I was even thinking of a Jap. import but the VRT is a total rip-off.
    Thanks Bazz, have you any bigger pictures of it, Mike65 will kill you for that.

NSX:
    800px-Honda_NSX_red.jpg

NSX-R:
    Honda-NSX-R-%2702.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Did you see the pic I posted last week in the "what I saw today" section? there are 2 NSX's in Sandyford Ind Est, parked beside eachother... I think it's gonna be hard to get one, I'd say they're all sold before they're even put on the boat over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

ON occassion I see a blue NSX-R around the apartments behind the Herbert Park hotel. It doesn't look half as good as the earlier NSX models though.

here's something to get you started on your mission.... ebay listing 1 ebay listing 2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The only time I've ever seen one in the flesh was in London last summer:

DSC02102.JPG
    DSC02103.JPG

lovely machine

On a serious note, here are 3 in Japan that you can bid on in the auctions to get it shipped over here.... best of luck, they're a great car. http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/auction/friday/models/honda/list_NSX.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

bazz26 wrote:
    NSX:
    800px-Honda_NSX_red.jpg

NSX-R:
    Honda-NSX-R-%2702.jpg

Is that red one on a Dublin reg? I might have seen that one in Dundrum in January/February

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

steve06 wrote:
    On a serious note, here are 3 in Japan that you can bid on in the auctions to get it shipped over here.... best of luck, they're a great car. http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/auction/friday/models/honda/list_NSX.html

Check out the grades on those 3! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Squirrel wrote:
    Is that red one on a Dublin reg? I might have seen that one in Dundrum in January/February
    Looks like a GB on the plate to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

theres a few decent ones on idirect.co.jp

You need to signup though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H3971485D

This is in belfast - a bit pricey but it's a 2004.

There are a few around Dublin. I've spottd a grey one in town a few times and a red one up in Stepaside.

Beautiful car - you're a lucky, lucky man!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

stimpson wrote:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?H3971485D

This is in belfast - a bit pricey but it's a 2004.

There are a few around Dublin. I've spottd a grey one in town a few times and a red one up in Stepaside.

Beautiful car - you're a lucky, lucky man!

oh what a beautiful car,

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mac 3

There was a red '91 NSX seen around limerick for the last couple of years, cool car..

Mac 3 wrote:
    There was a red '91 NSX seen around limerick for the last couple of years, cool car..

Yes, that is the one I have seen. Haven't seen it around in a long time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Someone put a pic up of a couple of nsx's sitting outside Des Cullen's office I think maybe one is for sale
    steve06 quote
    "not very often you see a Honda NSX, but there are 2 of them in Sandyford ind est..."
    nsx6na.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Fabritzo wrote:
    Someone put a pic up of a couple of nsx's sitting outside Des Cullen's office I think maybe one is for sale
    They're not outside Des Cullens. Des Cullen has nothing to do with these. As far as I know they just belong to two people that work in Sandyford. Neither of the cars is for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

Best bet is to import one from England. There are very few of them over here cause despite the fact that they are 14 year old cars they are still going for stupid money. Even Icetronix, who import cars from Japan themselves, sourced their NSX from England.

If you are interested in getting one from England or even from JApan drop me a pm and I will put you in contact with people who can source the cars for you. However dont expect to get much change from 25-30 grand for one depending on year and condition

Fabritzo wrote:
    steve06 quote
    "not very often you see a Honda NSX, but there are 2 of them in Sandyford ind est..."
    nsx6na.jpg

Des Cullen's office???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Yeh, there was some private joke going on in that thread that I obviously didn't get!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 marknak8

Here is both for sale.

Red with the 91 reg, the silver with the 93 reg

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1686949.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1849972.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

this thread is more than four years old i would say they are sorted out by now

• Registered Users Posts: 16 marknak8

Im just saying.. If u have a look on the cars as well as advertised, also had some modifications since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

kasper wrote: »
    this thread is more than four years old i would say they are sorted out by now

Thanks, thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement