Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bones

Options
  • 28-06-2006 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Does anyone know if this show is going to be on irish tv?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

have`nt a clue but its a class show,more to the point when will the second series be on sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

county wrote:
    have`nt a clue but its a class show,more to the point when will the second series be on sky?

I don't think the 2nd season has been aired in the US yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Really? Do you mind telling me what you like about it?

I normally love the "investigative" type shows. But I really feel that its not as cleverly written as shows like CSI, cold case,LAPD etc.

I also think that its quite limited with such a tighly focused area ie bones!
    I can see it getting boring soonish.

Love to hear your opinion on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Does anyone know if this show is going to be on irish tv?

Thursday 13 July on TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

county wrote:

The earliest it will be on Sky is January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

John R wrote:
    Thursday 13 July on TV3
    Great. i really like it. i some eppy on sky and i think brennan and booth are briliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

Do yourself a favour and avoid this show like the plague. Sky went overboard with the advertising, so I was sucked in initially. I stuck with it for FAR more episodes than it deserved and not one of them managed to impress me in the slightest.

The only character even remotely likeable is the female assistant played by Michaela Conlin. The rest of the cast fill the roles of characters that border on the ludicrous. The worst offender is the title character of Temperance Brennan who, apart from having an incredible knowledge of bones, talks and acts as though she just came straight from the womb. Its one thing for a character to lack social skills, but this doctor acts like shes from a different planet altogether. Its humorous at first, but since she keeps up this lack of social awareness throughout the show, it takes away any kind of believability the show has going for it.
    Another problem with the lead role is how cold and robotic she is. I'm used to having harsh leads grow on me (House/Cold Case/The Closer for example), but over the course of at LEAST 10 episodes, I could care less about what happens to Brennan (or any of her team for that matter!).

And try as he might, David Boreanaz plays THE most unconvincing FBI agent ever to grace the small screen. Throughout the course of each show, the characters will also make HUGE leaps of logic when solving a case, not as bad as the Clarke Kent/Chloe Sullivan ones in Smallville, but close enough. I’m stunned that TV3 have decided to pick up such a woeful show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I've seen a few episodes of it, and gotta say, I really enjoy it. A lot of what Full Circle said seems to be true though, brennan doesn't evolve much in the show (even SPOCK learned how to be a bit more human in star trek), and Borenz doesn't play the most convincing fbi agent (not that I've ever ment an FBI agent) .. but for all that the show is really enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

not as bad as the Clarke Kent/Chloe Sullivan ones in Smallville, but close enough.

[offtopic] someone else hates Smallville? woop. to think they cancelled Buffy for that show :rolleyes: [/offtopic]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Buffy was ****e at the end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

Yes, not wanting to get off topic or anything, but I dont HATE Smallville. I still watch it cause I find it one of the most unintentionally funny shows on TV :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

me too :D can't beat it for making you feel better about other shows

does wreck your head a bit when you settle down of a friday night, thinking Alias is on, and instead you get Tom Welling's big cheese head for two back to back episodes...

apologies for off-topic-ness!

Advertisement