Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a book for me..

Options
  • 28-06-2006 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some books for me before I go on my holiers?

I dont read enough but my absolute favourite recently has been a book by Colonel Tim Collins called Rules of Engagement (ISBN 0755313747).

Another brilliant one was "If You're Not In Bed By 10, Come Home" (Martin Bengtsson).

I dont like fiction books, Im more into interesting and factual books, but nothing too heavy!

Are there any obvious and good books out in the last few weeks that are worth a read?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Stalingrad is a great factional book
    I know you said you don't like fiction
    but have you tried any Ernest Hemingway "For Whom The Bell Tolls" is on the greatest books ever written

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Penny apples by Bill Cullen
    John - Cynthia Lennon
    Sting's biograpgy (brilliant indeed)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Into Thin Air - Jon Krakaur
    Devil in the White City - : Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America
    Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers -- by Mary Roach
    ^^ excellent book

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I really enjoyed Home Before Night - Hugh Leonard. Irish childhood type thing, but very good. Years since I read it, must grab it next time I'm home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Fantastic.. thanks for all the tips. I'll let you all know if I spot anything else along the way!

• Advertisement
Advertisement