Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a copy of MS Visual Studio?

Options
  • 28-06-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

I'm a postgrad in the CSIS and I need a copy of MS Visual C++ to complete my masters project. I have version 6 but its crap, does anyone know how I can get a later version from the college, i.e., who do I email in ITD or the CSIS? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I know the .NET version is installed on some of the machines in CSIS but I don't think the newer one is. I'd try either Conor Glynn or Redmond O'Brien to get it. Alternatively you could just download the Express versions yourself.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/default.aspx

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd start with your supervisor, as they should have at least some idea given that it's presumably a question they've faced before.

There may be some useful relevant info on one of the CSIS servers so I've sent you a message about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Cool thanks guys. I'm not doing a programming course so my supervisors don't know sh*te about Visual Studio :) The express edition might actually be sufficient for what I'm doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Cool...you have to download each of the individual apps it doesn't come packaged together as a single download so just find the one you want and download that.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭epgriffin

Just spotted this one. Little known fact that Mike Coughlan manages the MSDN Academic Alliance subscription for the CSIS. Remember when I was a student he was able to legally give me just about any Microsoft software I needed, including XP Pro, VS.NET 2003, SQL Server etc. The CSIS pays about 10k a year for it and can install on any CSIS machine and provide the software to students as long as it is used for educational purposes only.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Wow, sweet... I think I'm too deeply into v.6.0 to change to .NET in my current project, but i must definitely raid his software supply before getting booted out of here in october. Thanks epgriffin

Advertisement