Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I help?

Options
  • 28-06-2006 4:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

There isn't a day goes by where I'm not moved by the acts of war in Iraq.
    I know that there are as many folk who maybe don't vocalise as much but who also have an interest in the conflict, especially from a humanitarian perspective.

I'm not here to discuss my political views, point out whats wrong with Iraq or how it can be fixed. I would like to know is there anything I can do to help.

As I can't physically be there, someone suggested I could donate aid but I was under the impression the red cross had cut back operations in Iraq due to the dangers in working there. Which makes me think that there must be little actual assistance on the ground. I'm not so sure setting up a means to fly stuff in is a viable option either.

I recall some years ago my father being involved in an organisation which brought familes in conflicting situations over to Ireland for a few months respite. It would be good to see the people of Ireland actively involved in some way too. I'm wondering if such a concept is feasible under the circumstances.

would appreciate any advice or opinions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement