Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 1X02 - "Allen" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 27-06-2006 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "Allen"

Episode Title: "Allen"
    Airdate: June 27th 2006

Synopsis from my mind:
    Scholfield sets about his bustin' out of jail agenda and mets a man who likes to put pretty things in his pocket. Oh the horror!

Next Episode: 1X03 - "Cell Test" - July 4th 2006

How did this go down in your camp? 26 votes

0% 0 votes
    11% 3 votes
    15% 4 votes
    30% 8 votes
    23% 6 votes
    7% 2 votes
    7% 2 votes
    3% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

where are you bas? :confused:
    anyways...enjoy this one. Tis' a goodin'

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Thought this was a good episode, am liking it more and more as i watch it!!

still doesnt explane my Diabeities question....however im being patient!! i gave it an 8

loved the bit at the end at the back of the toilet....very clever!

sarahn11 wrote:

still doesnt explane my Diabeities question....however im being patient!! i gave it an 8

he needs to be up in the doctors office quite a bit, the only way he can be is if he has a reason, pretty straight forward really.

That episode was 'just as pretty as advertised', roll on next week!
    Gave it an 10...GO'on the T-BAG!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Yep, this was a good episode.

I'm beginning to like this show. The whole "screw" thing, I was wondering why the hell he was making such a big deal about getting the screw back, and I liked how they revealed it.

Also, good ending. ouch! :eek:

This gets an 8 from me.

And it gets better and better. The pace of the show flys from here on in. I would rate the first episode, pace wise, as a 3, this was a 6......wait till it gets past episode 5 < .......

• Advertisement

Funnily enough, I know this is gonna sound stupid, I didn't catch on that Allen was the type of screw he was using and not a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for posting up the episode discussion thread Rollo Tamasi.

Was in Brussels since Tuesday away from computer so am off to me bed now.

PS - can't remember these early episodes at all.. must give them a rewatch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

just watchin it for the first time, missed a bit of the first episode ( clever me ) , can someone tell me why the dudes at the end are tryin to cut his toe off ? !!... what info are they looking from him ? ta :)

you moan for months about getting a PB forum, then you're delighted at first and no look at you....swanning off to get high in Amsterdam (ya ya Brussels .... whatever). A prison break is for 22 episodes not just for christmas. If you don't buck up i'll throw you in the hole and send t-bag down after you with a spoon and a sponge.

mr_disc wrote:
    just watchin it for the first time, missed a bit of the first episode ( clever me ) , can someone tell me why the dudes at the end are tryin to cut his toe off ? !!... what info are they looking from him ? ta :)

the greasy guy, Abburzi, is a mob boss, the reason he is locked up is because a informer eh....informed on him, Fibinatchiy (sp?), Scholfield knows where the FBI are keeping him, Abbruzi wants to kill him off for getting him locked up and his mob friends are pressuring him to find out Fibs location because he is going to testify again fairly soon against more mobsters.....and it is a known fact that the only way to find the location is to slice off his pinky toe. FACT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

....and it is a known fact that the only way to find the location is to slice off his pinky toe. FACT!

lol

Cheers for that rollo :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

I was a bit disappointed, sorry to say :o . Suppose I will have to wait to see more about T-Bag, but right now I hate the bugger. Everything went so smoothly last week and now the **** hit the fan. This guy is getting it from everywhere, the night warden, the gay pride camp and now he loses his pinkie. Surely this is enough to get a few days in the infirmary. I will give it time, not making any final judgements.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

he needs to be up in the doctors office quite a bit, the only way he can be is if he has a reason, pretty straight forward really.

eh, yeah i got that bit, but i wanted to know who let him up there with just his word that he had diabieties....however i find it more believable now that the lady doc tested him and now he is looking for the pugnac...

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Really enjoyed that much more so the last week. After been wrapped up in Lost for the last while I already find the pace frantic so looking forward to the next few weeks!! The only thing still bugging me a bit is the fact nobody copped on to the fact that his brother is in the same prison before he was sentenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Much better.

The first episode was just trying to cram so much in that it was all over the place. This week's episoded was more focused and fun. I think I'm really gonna enjoy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

Does anyone know if this is a once off series, or is it going to be like "Lost" where they drag the absolute bolix out of it. "Allen" was the first episode i saw, was fairly impressed. Whats the story with the Fibonacci?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

pokerwidow wrote:
    Suppose I will have to wait to see more about T-Bag, but right now I hate the bugger.
    Most people do. It's just Rollo that wants to tug on his pocket :D

Does anyone know if this is a once off series, or is it going to be like "Lost" where they drag the absolute bolix out of it. "Allen" was the first episode i saw, was fairly impressed. Whats the story with the Fibonacci?
    the greasy guy, Abburzi, is a mob boss, the reason he is locked up is because a informer eh....informed on him, Fibinatchiy (sp?), Scholfield knows where the FBI are keeping him, Abbruzi wants to kill him off for getting him locked up and his mob friends are pressuring him to find out Fibs location because he is going to testify again fairly soon against more mobsters.....and it is a known fact that the only way to find the location is to slice off his pinky toe. FACT!

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭fobs

I thought this episode was better but a little too far fetched again. The "bent screw" seems to appear in every prison story! Enjoyed the bit about the bolt turing into an allen key but couldn't look at the end when they were going to cut off his toe and had to get my other half to tell me when I could look. It is picking up pace though and can imagine it getting better as it continues. Will definately be adding this to my summer watch list!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I watched this again last night.
    I remember the first time i watched it
    when they cut off his toes at the end
    i knew it was going to be a good series.
    i wasn't wrong.
    basq to the shoe :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Most people do. It's just Rollo that wants to tug on his pocket :D

:D:D Rollo you bold boy!

:) t-bag is 'tailored' made for my needs, gigatity gigatity alright!

I'm off to beat up an old lady and get sent down to the Joy for a while. After watching this documentry on Prison Breaking i feel it is my duty to raise the bar and make an attempt for an daring esacape

I bet that everyone on this forum will love t-bag by about episode 10, he has a creamery of one liners. There will no doubt be a queue for this pocket, he's gonna have to wear dungarees eventually....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

fobs wrote:
    I thought this episode was better but a little too far fetched again.
    If that bothers you, I'm afraid you're watching the wrong show :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

No one has mentioned the video of the murder.

He was gona kill him any one but some one beat it to it. He's not exactly innocent now is he?

it's his word against the secret service. Have the secret service done anything wrong ever?

Linc was even smoking drugs before he killed that guy.

Who's word would you take, the people who are paid to protect you against secrets and terriorists or a junkie scumbag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

why do people look into things too much. sit back, enjoy

Advertisement