Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Guitar

Options
  • 27-06-2006 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am looking to buy a new guitar. What decent* guitar could I get for about €300? Maybe €400 but no more than that. I currently have a Encore.. its not the best but it served it's purpose for me to get used to a guitar.

*By decent I mean one that has a good sound to it, well built and would be good enough for gigging if I ever got to that haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

ibanez do great stuff around that price range as fey said the sz520 or maybe the rg370...the standard fender mex telecasters are decent for the price also

if you could afford this u should seriously consider it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Well I supopse it'd be rock/indie more over any other styles but I'd like to play them too. I wouldn't mind buying a second hand one once it's in good condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Lads, this ain't the ****ing buy and sell. Offer advice but try not to put your urge to sell ahead of the interest of the guy looking for advice.

Edit -> to the OP, you can get decent guitars for that money from the likes of Ibanez, Epiphone, Yamaha, LTD and the likes, even Fender. You may be better off investigating the second hand market where, for the same money, you could get a guitar from a step above the level you're looking at if you bought new. Have a look at www.musicstore.de, www.thomann.de and www.guitarbargains.com - bear in mind the stuff on the US sites will need about €100 shipping + Import Duty + VAT added to what you see on the screen.

You need to decide what type of guitar you want - principally do you want humbucker pickups (more rock orientated) or single coil (more twang), fixed bridge or trem? From there we can steer you towards certain models which should give you what you need. It's important not to spend money at this level on features you'll never use.

Found this one on thomann:

http://www.thomann.de/ibanez_grg170dx_bkn_egitarre_prodinfo.html?iwid=6

It says on the front to add 15 euro for the shipping not 100. What would that guitar be like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Doctor J wrote:
    Lads, this ain't the ****ing buy and sell. Offer advice but try not to put your urge to sell ahead of the interest of the guy looking for advice.

Well, he wanted a decent guitar for around €300-€400, he wanted to know where to find one, and I happened to have one. If it wasnt it his style i wouldnt try to sell it to him, ive already rejected two offerers to buy after talking the the prospective buyer and found out it wouldnt suit them. So im not pushing anything, just letting him know.
    Nehpets wrote:
    Found this one on thomann:

http://www.thomann.de/ibanez_grg170d...fo.html?iwid=6

It says on the front to add 15 euro for the shipping not 100. What would that guitar be like?

That looks like a pretty decent guitar alright, better than decent for that price, I wouldnt mind it myself for that price. Mind you it might play horribly, you never can tell over the internet doncha know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Well, he wanted a decent guitar for around €300-€400, he wanted to know where to find one, and I happened to have one. If it wasnt it his style i wouldnt try to sell it to him, ive already rejected two offerers to buy after talking the the prospective buyer and found out it wouldnt suit them. So im not pushing anything, just letting him know.

But this is not the FS forum. Admittedly, I was wrong and I shouldn't have mentioned mine but in fairness, we should all be banned for doing what we did as it is in direct breach of the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

feylya wrote:
    But this is not the FS forum. Admittedly, I was wrong and I shouldn't have mentioned mine but in fairness, we should all be banned for doing what we did as it is in direct breach of the charter.

I know, i admit i was wrong too, but i was just explaining myself above, Im happy to help the OP in anyway, i dont care whether he buys my guitar, yours, or a new one, just so as he gets the right one for him. its past us now, we've all learned and moved on, im gonna shut up now before i get myself in more trouble...

and anyway, you set a bad example :D j/k dont hurt me

I think you shuold all be banned ;)

btw, music I'd like to playing would be like Muse, The Strokes and Metallica etc.
    Any other opinions on that guitar?

Advertisement