Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedworld.ie

Options
  • 27-06-2006 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this isn't the best forum for this but I was looking for information on www.bedworld.ie. They seem to have some great prices on furniture/beds/mattresses but don't know of anybody who have used them.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

You're right - the prices look great.

Two things about this site would concern me though - the fact that the only contact information is a hotmail email address, and the fact that payments must be made through paypal.

I would definitely do some more digging before buying anything from this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

A lot of the stuff seems to be the same as that sold by Bargaintown

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dominic_mcn

I ordered a bed off them yesterday (COD, no advance payment). I did a quick Google for bedworld.ie and found these:

From buy&sell
    BEDS & MATTRESSES. Best deals in Dublin at The Bed Shop, 384 South Circular Road, Dublin 8. Phone 01-4731245 or visit our website www.bedworld.ie

From www.bedworld.ie
    Showroom at Junction of Harolds Grange Road & Kellystown Road,Rathfarnham.Dublin 16.Just take junction 13 from the M50.

The bedworld.ie entry was from the cached version on google (bottom left cornor), its not there when you go onto the website directly.:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I ordered a bed off them yesterday (COD, no advance payment). I did a quick Google for bedworld.ie and found these:

From buy&sell
    BEDS & MATTRESSES. Best deals in Dublin at The Bed Shop, 384 South Circular Road, Dublin 8. Phone 01-4731245 or visit our website www.bedworld.ie

From www.bedworld.ie
    Showroom at Junction of Harolds Grange Road & Kellystown Road,Rathfarnham.Dublin 16.Just take junction 13 from the M50.

The bedworld.ie entry was from the cached version on google (bottom left cornor), its not there when you go onto the website directly.:confused:

Does this seem like spam to any one else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

no, why?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

CiaranC wrote:
    no, why?

A one post user singing the praise of a site that is selling stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dominic_mcn

kearnsr wrote:
    A one post user singing the praise of a site that is selling stuff

In what way did I praise the site? All I said is I ordered something, never even said it arrived (BTW it hasn't, despite the site saying the stock was next day delivery in Dublin). I even put in a nice little confused smily (:confused:) when saying their site does not have the address that is cached in google.

Seriously kearnsr, re-read what I wrote. sweetie asked for information and I provided what anyone could have simply gotten by going to google. If it was spam or praise of the site surely I would have said something like 'I ordered from them and everything was perfect blah blah blah.......' Just because it is someones first post doesn't mean it is spam. I only found this thread when googling the bedworld.ie site after ordering something, looking for information just like sweetie.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So? Presumably they moved the showroom? I'm sure if you have any problems you can wander along to the showroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

I noticed a bedworld.ie on Pearse St (Dublin) a bit of a way out - if that's any help to anyone. Its a shop so you can call in.

D.

Advertisement