Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantom Engine ?

Options
  • 27-06-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any views on this engine?

I know they are not being made anymore but if I was to get 12 months Light use out of it and go for the 3.3 then maybe?
    I was thinking of buying it for "Project Revo" and passing my 2.5r on to my son for his T-Maxx..!

FantomFR18.jpg

Fantom FR18

Description: This is a drop in T-Maxx engine replacement with a crankshaft cut for the T-Maxx.

EZ-Start bolt-on machined rear plate
    Crank shaft fits stock clutch parts
    True ABC construction
    Turbo design race ported crank
    Knife-edge double bushing connecting rod
    High performance slide carb connects to stock linkage
    New piston design for better performance
    Sleeve locating pin
    Includes custom manifold, springs, and manifold seal
    Includes glow plug and air filter
    Includes highly detailed 26 page instruction manual

Size: Other
    HP (bhp): 1.95 HP
    Bore: Not Available
    Stroke: 14 mm
    Ports: Not Available
    Weight: Not Available
    Crank: Other
    Construction: ABC
    Displacement: Not Available
    Type: Off-Road
    Exhaust: Rear
    Carb: Slide
    RPM Range: 41,250 max
    Webpage: www.fantomracing.com
    Est. Street Cost: Not Available
    Average Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I have never heard of this engine! I reccomend you go over too the rcca (car) forums (http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=114)
    and copy over the thread, I would think there would be a better responce :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Its only an .18 compared to the .20 sized traxxas engine. I heard and read that they are good engines but not worth the money. Did you look at the size of the opening at the front of the carb, much smaller compared to the 3.3 carb sio the airfilter wouldn't fit it(more money to splash out)
    Another good engine you could look at is the 18tz, the first small block engine to shatter the 2hp barrier:eek: Same design as the tm only its a turbo with nearly .7HP more and a good bit cheaper, he down side you might have to buy a few more stuff for it and the plugs are dear:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

vectra wrote:
    Anyone have any views on this engine?
    I haven't come across them before - probably mainly for US market.
    vectra wrote:
    with a crankshaft cut for the T-Maxx.
    Based on the one in your photo - it appears to have an M5 Serpent shaft - the industry norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Theres a polit shaft on that engine and yeah your right there its mostly the US market you'll find them so parts will be hard to get here:)

Advertisement