Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibanez rg350dx

Options
  • 26-06-2006 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

anyone know if there are any major problems with this guitar???

lookin for a backup (for when strings break) and it looks nice and is cheapish too.

any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

What do you mean problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

its a great guitar for the price i have a 370dx (which i'm selling ;))...handles distorion really welland is way more versatile than it looks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

What do you mean problems?

zackly what i said. anything, like... em, tone problems, i dunno. i basically wanna know if its a decent guitar.

jcoote wrote:
    its a great guitar for the price i have a 370dx (which i'm selling ;))...handles distorion really welland is way more versatile than it looks

cheers. always good to hear nice things about a guitar before u buy it.

you lookin at the white one on thomann.de????

u are more than welcome to try mine if u want

• Advertisement

Well, I had a 270DX. Great little guitar. I couldn't deal with having a floating trem on my only guitar though tbh, so I sold and upgraded, but now I'm looking for a guitar with a Floyd, so if you want a Floyd, those RG's are great. Tough bastards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Well you say its for a backup guitar.. I wouldnt get a floyd on a backup to be honest, it should be reliable, able to take a beating and stay in tune. One thing I found lacking on my Ibanez. Theyre great if you seriously wear in the strings and set it up right not reliable at all if you change the strings within a few days of a gig. And you're f*cked completely if you break a string on a floating trem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I wouldnt spit on it tbh. Sub-prestige guitars use very low quality parts, in particular the trem, but in general the whole shebang. If youre looking for a cheap guitar, grand, if youre looking for a good guitar, look elsewhere. If you can afford it, go for the cheapest prestige. You still get crappy pickups and a pretty crappy looking guitar, but at the very least, you have a very high quality base from which to start from (fretting, trem, switchgear etc).

This is just my opinion of course, but i own and have owned quite a few Ibanez guitars over the years. RGs and Jems are all I play at the moment.

i have to say my rg is great for staying in tune (previusly freakonaleashx's) never have any hassle even when dive bombing and tremelo tapping...seriously

A bit of work on wiring and pickups, parts like that, and an RG is a seriously high-calibre guitar. Really, I'm being tempted by an RGT42FMDX at the moment, and that's got potential to be a seriously kickass guitar with a bit of work...

• Advertisement

jcoote wrote:
    you lookin at the white one on thomann.de????

u are more than welcome to try mine if u want

yeah thomann. just got a new pedal board off there n saw the ibanez. how much are u sellin yours for?

Well, I had a 270DX. Great little guitar. I couldn't deal with having a floating trem on my only guitar though tbh, so I sold and upgraded, but now I'm looking for a guitar with a Floyd, so if you want a Floyd, those RG's are great. Tough bastards too.

my guitar has a floyd rose, one of the main reasons i want an ibanez is coz of the quality of the floating trem. ive wanted a floating trem for ages.

I wouldnt spit on it tbh. Sub-prestige guitars use very low quality parts, in particular the trem, but in general the whole shebang. If youre looking for a cheap guitar, grand, if youre looking for a good guitar, look elsewhere. If you can afford it, go for the cheapest prestige. You still get crappy pickups and a pretty crappy looking guitar, but at the very least, you have a very high quality base from which to start from (fretting, trem, switchgear etc).

This is just my opinion of course, but i own and have owned quite a few Ibanez guitars over the years. RGs and Jems are all I play at the moment.

yea, if i could afford a jem i wouldnt be looking at the rg. must take a look at some of the prestige series. but like i said it is mainly a backup so idont wanna spend too much if possible.

Check chris guitars, saw a few nice prestige's there VERY cheap

iban02s1220-2.jpg
    $499

There's that GAS I had under control for several hours...

Want the conversion?! €386 for a Prestige Japan S series. ex €80 shipping

I hate you... Besides, thinking of an RGT at the moment...

well if this thread has accomplished anything, its made me think long and hard bout a new guitar, almost certainly getting an ibanez but which one??? so many pretty things, alas i cannot own them all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

PM me your budget and ill keep an eye out for you. You will pick up a nice RG prestige for less than you think, and upgrade the pickups at some point in the future. Also bear in mind that ive passed on a few player (ie consmetically beat up, but otherwise perfect) J-Customs for silly money, 6-700 euro. If you can stretch that far, let me know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement