Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSIA taking ages to cash in

Options
  • 26-06-2006 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having to wait ages for their SSIA to be cashed in? I informed the bank on the 6th of June and still haven't received the money, been on to the bank a few times. I was told the longest it would be would be 10 working days. I contacted the bank today and was told it was really busy and it has gone into a queuing system, they didnt know how long it would be and promised to find out tomorrow. In fairness how long does it take to sell a few shares (its a equity SSIA), has anyone here cashed in their SSIA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

I have my equity SSIA with EBS and I have given advance faxed instructions to send me a cheque after maturity date at the end of June - this friday infact. So I'd expect mine within a week. I must admit I only got my options after querying about it. You certainly have to be proactive in these things.. I've decided to pump mine back into equity over the next 12-16 months - equally spaced to get an average entry point...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I gave out to them a bit and i got it yesterday, so it does pay to complain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I started my SSIA on the 7/12/01 so its due this December.....or is it??

I've been told it can take up to 2 months to recieve the money.

The acc. is with ARK LIFE.

Can anybody confirm this??

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement