Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 ABS flashing urgent question

Options
  • 26-06-2006 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

got my Audi A4 '99 TDI 2 weeks ago , now when driving on 2 occasions the ABS symbol has come and will not go away unless the engine is switched off and then on , i know ive got to get this checked out but i would like to know what exactly is going wrong what part of the ABS is failing and how expensive will this be to fix?
    i ve now seen on the internet that audi a4 abs systems regularly fail ,is this true?
    also checked everything myself cant see any reason for this problem.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds like a faulty ABS sensor. bring it to a dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 badbob_lucylu

I had an 02 A4 Quattro 1.9tdi and that happened me, it was down to changing the break pads. dont got to a dealer as its to do with the sensors on the pads that may be faulty. any pitstop will change them for 60 yoyo's all in.

BTW never rule out fluid levels for your brake fluid as there might be a blockage or air bubble, Im not a mechanic so its only my 2 cents worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Are your brake lights working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Could be wrong but some systems use the ABS light to indicate ECU problems (over-voltage?).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

mike65 wrote:
    Could be wrong but some systems use the ABS light to indicate ECU problems (over-voltage?).

Mike.

Never heard anything like that on VW-Audi. Its def a brake related problem.
    If the light is on ABS isn't working just traditional brakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Just from memory a few simple items that appear to get the ABS light working overtime;

Worn pads and/or low fluid. If the pads are worn, do not fill or top up the reservoir, change the pads first.

Low fluid, see above.

Faulty Brake (and/or clutch) switch.
    faulty or loose ABS wheel sensors.
    Flat or wrong sized tyre on one corner.
    Disconnected, loose or corroded wires to a sensor.

Blown or faulty rear lamps.

Faulty handbrake indicator switch. (not sure on this one).
    Mile 65 might be correct in that some funky light arrangements appear to be used (intentionally or otherwise) to signal faults in VAG vehicles. eg your oil light comes on to indicate you are out of petrol, etc. Don't ask.:rolleyes:

Advertisement