Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

price for respray????

Options
  • 26-06-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me what i can expect to pay to respray a daewoo matiz from yellow to gray? also whats the story with the tax form?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1/. Budget a minimum of €1000, maybe more. You'd be better off to sell it tbh.

2/. It's a piece of paper, usually rectangular :D

p.s. Sorry - when retaxing it, you can amend the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

imred wrote:
    can anyone tell me what i can expect to pay to respray a daewoo matiz from yellow to gray? also whats the story with the tax form?

sell it and buy a gray one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

To get a decent job done you are probably looking at the guts of 2,000! Actually its 2,000 for my Santa Fe for a daweo matiz it would probably be closer to 1,500

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

2/. It's a piece of paper, usually rectangular :D

p.s. Sorry - when retaxing it, you can amend the colour.

There's also a field on the licensing cert for change of colour I think.

OP, you could probably buy a younger grey one for the price of respraying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Cost €1,000 for 7 panels + bonnet + boot on my Passat this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

depends on how good a job you get done, can't imagine a €1,000 job would be top notch,

you'd be better off buying another car, as the resale of the car will be seriously dented by the gray on the outside and yellow on the inside thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

colm_mcm wrote:
    depends on how good a job you get done, can't imagine a €1,000 job would be top notch,

you'd be better off buying another car, as the resale of the car will be seriously dented by the gray on the outside and yellow on the inside thing.

Even at 2000 euros we don't make money on a repaint, there's a ton of work as there's always some bodywork needed when your repainting. I much prefer a crash repair job tbh.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I can't imagine how bad a €1,500 total respray would be! a single bumper costs €300 where I work

Advertisement