Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mapfre warranty??

Options
  • 26-06-2006 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the Mapfre warranty is and what it covers?

Looking at buying a 03 1.9TDi Leon of a dealer and it comes with a 1 year Mapfre warranty + 1 year roadside assistance.

The car seems to be in good condition so I'm pretty confident that it won't have any serious issues within a year but does this cover things like electric faults etc?

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There should be documentation available from the selling dealer outlining what the warranty covers. You could also ring them on 1800 329 329. This is the roadside assistance number but I'm sure they can forward your call to the relevant department.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Conar

Tried calling that number and asked to speak to someone about the warranty.
    They said the guy is on lunch so it musn't be a huge organisation anyway.
    I'll let you know what he says when he calls me back.

Edit: Found their website. They do comprehensive warranties, now I need to check with the dealer to make sure thats what I'm getting.
    http://www.irelandassist.com/warranty.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Conar wrote:
    Tried calling that number and asked to speak to someone about the warranty.
    They said the guy is on lunch so it musn't be a huge organisation anyway.
    I'll let you know what he says when he calls me back.

Edit: Found their website. They do comprehensive warranties, now I need to check with the dealer to make sure thats what I'm getting.
    http://www.irelandassist.com/warranty.htm
    On the contrary, they are quite a big organisation http://www.mapfre.com/pmapfre/es/index.html but don't have much market penetration here in Ireland. AFAIK, warranties are new product they are selling here so it's quite possible that only one staff member is assigned to it at the moment. I use them for roadside assistance for a large fleet and I find them quite good. I had some 'teething problems' in the early days but once we ironed them out everything has ran smoothly since.

Yeah I saw that!
    They seem quite efficient anyway. That guy rang me back pretty quickly, and even though I wasn't going to be buying any of their products he was very helpful.
    Warranty is decent enough, covers all the standard parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Neilw

Conar,

If you are looking at a leon check for water leaks into the drivers and passangers footwells.
    Leak into passanger footwell could be caused by incorrect fitment of the pollen filter after it was changed at service.
    Leak into drivers footwell can be caused by a rubber grommit around the bonnet release cable splitting and allowing water to trickle down into the footwell.
    There are seals on the doorskin that can perish and cause leaks...
    Other then that they are fine:D

Check out honestjohn.co.uk for more info.

Neil.

• Advertisement

Nice one! Having a look at the site now!

Any idea where I can find an owners manual for it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Neilw

Sorry, no idea where to get on-line manual.
    neil.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement