Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking or Speeding ticket with UK plates

Options
  • 26-06-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

What is the situation if you bring a car into the country and before you change to the Irish plates you get a parking or a speeding ticket. Do they have access to the VRO database to transfer the fine to the new plate and owner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

if its only been caught on camera then you cant be fined, however if you are stopped you will be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

Yup, camera, doing 115kmph in a 100kmph. Same goes for Parking Ticket then?

Excellent.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Posting details about it on an internet forum might not be the best way to go about actually getting away with it. Maybe you should edit the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Posting details about it on an internet forum might not be the best way to go about actually getting away with it. Maybe you should edit the post.

He/she didn't exactly give any details like their registration or the time and date of the incident. Giving the speed on a Limerick Road is quite vague IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

Thats a bit paranoid isn't it? That the gaurds would come on here, spot my post, put 2 and 2 together, decide that I was the elusive english plated speeder they've been looking for, get a warrent to find out my real details from boards.ie, realise that that only gets them an email address and a dynamic IP, then get a warrent to find out where that dynamic IP was at the posting of the thread?!
    Although, point noted, I'll edit the post....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

*shrug* no skin off my nose one way or the other, but given the thread on the "theoretical" situation of having a taxi driver find €4k + a bag of nose gold, the boys in blue might decide to go through posts with a fine tooth comb.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me.

Advertisement