Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

B&Q Roundabout In Naas

Options
  • 26-06-2006 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Was driving past this on Saturday and seen a car on top of this! Any body see it?

For anyone that doesn't know it, this is a high roundabout. It has a large kerb running around it and and a brick work "ramp". I couldn't believe it when I seen it. The guy driving the car must have been wellying it to end up there. The car was just about holding together, but the chasis obviously snapped in half.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Ay Cee wrote:
    Was driving past this on Saturday and seen a car on top of this! Any body see it?

For anyone that doesn't know it, this is a high roundabout. It has a large kerb running around it and and a brick work "ramp". I couldn't believe it when I seen it. The guy driving the car must have been wellying it to end up there. The car was just about holding together, but the chasis obviously snapped in half.

Yeah saw it - the frong of the car (Mk 4 Golf) was in crap but I'm still amazed it go up on it as the brick work is quite steep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Yeah it is very steep. At first I was thinking how it got there and then it was "seriously how fast must the car have been going to get up there?!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Drove past this too.. was a MkIII golf - sorry to be pedantic, a 93 reg. Looks like it was a nice car before the joyriders got hold of it. front suspension on drivers side was ripped out of it, must have hit roundabout and a decent speed.
    Not the first incident there, a few months back when there were still concrete barriers there i came upon the Gardaí dealing with a barrell rolled Impreza that hit the barrier, It was in ribbons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Saw that myself too... Impressive how they managed to lamp a Golf 6 foot up an almost sheer - sided roundabout...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Where in Naas is this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Bond-007 wrote:
    Where in Naas is this?

Its out the Newbridge road beside the N7 Newhall interchange, New retail park there with B&Q, Halfords and those tile shops.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Jeez that person driving must have got some slap off the dash and steering wheel.. hope he was wearing his seatbelt!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Joyriders or someone a little too happy coming home from Trevor Nelson in Time.

Advertisement