Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does this mean?

Options
  • 26-06-2006 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

I bid on a Dell laptop on ebay recently. I was happy with everything on the spec, but there were two specs I don't really understand:

Modem:MOD,MDM,CBL/TLAD,EMEA,NTH

Video:MOD,CRD,GRPHC,VID,AVER TV TNR

Any ideas? I just want to make sure that if I get it, I get everything on the spec.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭shnaek

Turns out that this
    AVER TV TNR
    is a Avermedia TV card.

No clue what the other stuff is though, and judging by the lack of response neither does anyone else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Well its a grouping system used on Dells. They proably typed in the service tag and slapped up whatever was returned. My guesses on these:
    MOD - modified/Modification
    CRD - Card
    GRPHC - Graphics
    VID - Video (allows TV out)
    AVER TV TNR - Avermedia(brand)

MDM - modem
    CBL/TLAD - no idea
    EMEA - no idea
    NTH - (Brand) no idea

Best thing is get the service tag and enter it into the Dell site. Will give you all the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

wouldnt buy a used dell from e bay ... waste of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

emea is the region (Europe Middle Eastern Area)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

europe, middle east and africa ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Any chance of a link to that, looks awfully confusing. I hope the seller is a decent one.

Advertisement