Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding Fine - Quick question

Options
  • 25-06-2006 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Went to pay a speeding fine in the Post Office the other day and lady behind the desk said the fine was not valid and would'nt take it because the name on the fine was only the first name and there was no second name , the car reg was right and so was the address I was just wondering if anybody came across this before and what happened
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭natnif

as far as I have heardif any of the details on a fine are wrong it is void. I would go to the garda station and ask someone about it,or you could wait for it to go to court and it will prob be thrown out anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Showing your hand now will simply give the Gardai time to reissue the notice. By staying quiet you will time out the notice and by the time they notice it will be too late to correct the error.

Advertisement