Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Questions regarding batteries.

Options
  • 25-06-2006 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

1. Does anybody know where I can buy Li-ion prismatic cells in Ireland to rebuild a laptop battery pack? I have found them on Chinese wholesaler sites, but I don't need 10,000 of them.

2. Failing that, has anyone bought a knocked-off Chinese battery pack for their laptop? I've seen them on Ebay, any fires or explosions to report?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

mossieh wrote:
    2. Failing that, has anyone bought a knocked-off Chinese battery pack for their laptop? I've seen them on Ebay, any fires or explosions to report?
    Yeah I've bought a few. Then wrecked them by letting them go down once in a while. Never had any problems.

Have you a Dell? If so have a look at https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/ and see if you're entitled to a free one.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

cheers Aphex...did the batteries you got hold a charge for a decent length of time?
    Mine is a Dell, but it's not eligible for any replacements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

mossieh wrote:
    cheers Aphex...did the batteries you got hold a charge for a decent length of time?
    Mine is a Dell, but it's not eligible for any replacements.

Yeah they did. I went for the highest wH I could afford. It is not really feasible to buy them off Dell because they're so expensive.

I am not always very careful with batteries so I seem to ruin them after a certain amount of time. The Dell one I had certainly didn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

What's the best way to keep my laptop battery at peak performance? Should I keep it in the laptop at all times I dont use my laptop on battery very often. Should I discharge it even few weeks or so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Try John Andrew Electronics in carragaline county cork...if you google him youl get his website and can check availability there,,

• Advertisement
Advertisement