Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help?

Options
  • 25-06-2006 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hey all!

Thought i'd drop a thread here to see if anyone can help... The desktop here at home has been acting up lately and i have a feeling it may be because of e-mail spread virus. At the moment any program, be it be Firefox, Word, Media Player or even a comand window will bring up an "open with" prompt. I've run AVG through the system with the most updated database but no virus is showing up. Now the reason i think there is a virus rather than a problem with the computer itself is because when trying to attach a document to an e-mail last night, Hotmail stopped me giving the reason that the file had/or was a virus. If this is true and there is a virus trying to attach itself to e-mails i think i know where it might have come from. My little brother uses that Bebo website alot and i think where hotmail noticed the infected file bebo's e-mail service may have let it slip.

Any bit of help is much appreciated! :)

Advertisement