Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will these fit my 01 Seat Leon URGENT ANSWER NEEDED.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

You win them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I did just after paying for them worked out at 190 all together what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those wheels aren't that expensive when new. I would've just got new ones.

Really hmm I have asked the ebay guy for money back on them I only sent it a 1hr ago so hopefully he will
    Where can I get decent alloys at a good price?

Halfords do good wheel and tyre packages, also if you know someone who has a garage, D&S Roe (wholesalers) in Dublin sell wheels very cheaply.

• Advertisement

How about these?

Alloy Wheels (4). Leinster Cavan €200.00
    5 spoke, suit VW or Audi. 15", vgc, €200. 049-8547072

Alloy Wheels. Ulster Down
    To suit VW, 4 stud, 15'', c/w centre pieces. £150 ono. 028-40626221

VW Alloy Wheels. Munster Limerick €425.00
    16" with 205/55 Bridgestone tyres to suite 5 stud, VW Golf Mk4, Bora, Passatt, incl lock nuts, vgc, €425. 086-1684227

Munster Cork €500.00
    15" Alloy Wheels With Tyres Now €500, 086-2232945 [save ad]

Alloy Wheels. Leinster Wexford €350.00
    15", 5 spoke with good quality uniroyal tyres, vgc, first €350. 087-8308100 or 055-26598 [save ad]

Alloy Wheel. Leinster Dublin 8
    Set, suit 1998, VW Passat, badged alloys preferred. 087-6527576

Audi Alloy Wheels (4). Leinster Dublin 4 €229.00
    15", c/w tyres, good cond, to suit 1995-2001, Audi A4 or similar, €229. 086-8585326

If I just buy the alloys can I then get my tyres put onto them if ~I keep the same rim diameter

Yeah. presuming the wheels aren't super wide!

Ok he wont give me my money back has said hes posted so Ill have to take reciept I paid 180 euros all together do you think I have been had.
    I will get my own tyres put on from my own car.

Are these alloys any good?

Will I be able to sell my old rims are are they worth any thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Psygnosis wrote:
    Ok he wont give me my money back has said hes posted so Ill have to take reciept I paid 180 euros all together do you think I have been had.
    I will get my own tyres put on from my own car.

Are these alloys any good?

Will I be able to sell my old rims are are they worth any thing?

I don't think you have been "had", there doesn't seem to be anything dishonest about that advert. I don't know why you would expect him to send the money back - it seems a fair sale, if not a bargain for you. The winning bid was only €70 - and the shipping was €110? That sounds dodgy - I was quoted £45 for shipping from the UK for 4 new wheels.

You may be able to sell your old wheels to someone looking for a full set for track days, or individually as spare wheels. I sold my old set for €200 last week, but the rubber was brand new which is what people tend to look for.

• Advertisement

Nah he sent me the bill for shipping so it was correct, who did you get qouted from for 45 quid. Do you think I would get my money back if I sold them on here.
    Also are they a good quality make, damn impukse buying always gets me?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Psygnosis wrote:
    Nah he sent me the bill for shipping so it was correct, who did you get qouted from for 45 quid. Do you think I would get my money back if I sold them on here.
    Also are they a good quality make, damn impukse buying always gets me?:)

I think it was someone like the seller of this item, though they may be taking a hit on the shipping as I would be paying them €1000 or so. Also, they probably get deals on shipping in the first place. I ended up going with a shop in Ireland, as I didn't know how long the shipping would take, and I'm too impulsive for my own good. I went to Pro Parts in Fairview for mine, but if you are willing to go 2nd hand, you will probably find loads in the Buy & Sell.

I don't really know the going rate of 2nd hand wheels; like I said, I got €200 for mine, but they had brand new tyres on them. Not particularly nice rims at all though.

You should google "Bk racing" and see what the reviews of their rims are like - I priced some alloys for my car, and the price was hardly a bargain.

I wouldn't go as far as ther UK to buy cheap wheels, plenty over here

Advertisement