Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sticking Window in Golf

Options
  • 25-06-2006 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Our front passenger window(electric) is sticking when it gets about halfway up.
    It is a Golf MkIV.

Sometimes it will close slowly and other times it will bounce back down(i presume it is the safety aspect in case there was a head in the way!).

I have disassembled the door, in the expectation to have something to lubricate but nothing obvious to lubrictae or anything obvious sticking in the way of the window.

Could the motor be the problem ( I would it expect to work or not work)?

Any advice welcome.

Redman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've a similar problem redman with the drivers window on my MB. It happens maybe one in ten times. Thankfully it went through it's last two NCT without incident. I never got round to looking at it yet but I'm going to latch on to your thread and see if I can get any advice also. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

happened to the mothers mkiv,the thing going back down happened every 3rd time. caused by the window check strip on the car outside near the bottom of the window getting brittle and having moss etc on it. fixed by putting screwdriver into the space between check strip and glass and moving it up and down 5 or six times, trying to pull the check strip from the glass while doing it.
    otherwise something could be bent. the regulators i know are very brittle (the plastic on the window bottom inside door) and eventually the window will fall down into the door. i dont think though that this is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Fairy Liquid!! Wash the sides and everything properly and she'll fly up again. Don't use anything like WD40, it'll grease up the window and eventually jam it completely..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Similar problem with Mazda 6. I sometimes park it under a tree which deposits a sticky substance on the car.
    Elec window motor not as powerful as other cars i've had. A good wash usually sorts it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

gosh, I'll try that tomorrow! Hope it's that simple.

Cheers

Redman

• Advertisement
Advertisement