Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where you find your Network Key? plz help

Options
  • 25-06-2006 2:13pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got a new laptop with wireless capability, it automatically found the internet available within then home and as with other computers asked if i wanted to use it (which i did) whoever unlike any other computer this one asked for a network key which i do not know how to locate on the machine im currently using.

If anyone could tell me where to find the Network key i would really appreciate it. it is also called WEP or WPA key

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

oO
    Re-phrase and re-post please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

The WEP key is set on the Wireless Router you are trying to connect to. If you are using wireless in your house, whoever set it up should know the key.

EDIT: You probaly haven't got a WEP key set up.

Go to My Computer>My Network Places(lefthand side bar)>My Network Connections(lefthand side bar)

Right click "Wireless Connection" and click properties, go to "Wireless Networks" tab and "View Wireless Networks". If it says "Security Enabled conection", you'll need to find out the key, which someone in your house should know, as they had to set it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tnx have it working now had to contact the person who put the router in to get the key number.

suppose this thread can be deletted now

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yep, because that's what we do when a problem is solved, delete the thread so nobody else can benefit from the answers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

CuLT wrote:
    Yep, because that's what we do when a problem is solved, delete the thread so nobody else can benefit from the answers.

Tsk..tsk...now you're telling me that people use the search feature :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

while your at it try and use wpa psk far more secure than wep...impenetrable if you use a 63 random charcter key

Advertisement