Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on laptop for travel/comms

Options
  • 24-06-2006 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

I will be travelling abroad soon and I'm looking for advice on a good laptop to buy. I'd prefer if it was fairly portable, wifi, and fast enough to handle your usual music and viseo apps without lagging.

Any advice on decently priced laptops would be appreciated.

Also any decent sites for second hand laptops? I'm afraid of ebay, lots of scams

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Ebay isn't that bad,I just bought a D410 off a guy from the UK,no import duty on EU purchases so I got it delievered for €600 which is a bargain.You should keep an eye on the ultra portables if your looking to go that way.The Dell D410/D420/X1 laptops are all good 12.1" laptops with good specs for what you want.
    You could go with the Sony TX/TZ range but thats knocking on €2000 for`10.9" screen laptops.
    I recommend ebay,but remember a fool and his money are easily parted so research the seller,his/her previous sales etc.
    I also use ebay.co.uk as they have a LOT more items listed thatebay.ie and if you ask most sellers in UK they are more than happy to ship to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dell Latitude - lovely light, thin notebookes for decent prices.

Advertisement