Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dell xps m1710

Options
  • 24-06-2006 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

just got one of these babys, what a laptop! build quality like a tank, its abit cumbersome, but who cares. anyone else got one of these,? i got the 7900gs card, not the gtx, way too expensive. but still adequate for most games. colin mcrae is a joy to behold.... cant wait to hook it up to the 32" hi-def!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

legs11 wrote:
    but still adequate for most games.

Adequate for most? You mean every game released to date more like. ;)

Nice setup.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

whoo, that must have cost you an arm and a leg ;)

The GTX would probably be going overboard alright, 250 quid extra? Mebollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

CuLT wrote:
    whoo, that must have cost you an arm and a leg ;)

The GTX would probably be going overboard alright, 250 quid extra? Mebollix.

Especially since the gs version will still run everything great and dx10 hardware is so close....would love to have that sort of money to spend on a laptop. My Geforce go 6400 will just have to do for the next few years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i managed to haggle the price to 1,500 in the outlet, happy out. they are way too expensive new, mine is meant to be a refurb, but it looks new to me, all wrap and books, manuals, cd wallet etc. hitman 3,pro evo 5, and colin mcrae 05 is all i put on so far, all run like a dream.:D

this supports 4gig of ram, which is abit extreme, but should keep me going for abit at least.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

1500? That's a steal! Nice work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

If its anything like the M170 I own..enjoy it while it still works properly..3 motherboard replacements + the original,graphics card replacement,bluetooth replaced twice...just over 6 months old....so be very very very careful with it,cos dell dont give a **** if its a €500 inspion 1300 piece o **** or a 2500+ €'s laptop they still treat you like crap,as for special XPS technical support,dont get me started......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

legs11 wrote:
    i managed to haggle the price to 1,500 in the outlet

Where was the outlet??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Where was the outlet??
    He's taking about Dell Outlet which is accessable from their main website dell.ie

@ http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dfo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Yeah the outlet is something that Ive been looking at for the last week. I want
    to get a laptop towards the end of the summer but if a nice one pops up, I might
    just have to grab it.

Cult have you got one yet or are you still looking?

Advertisement