Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Year Long, Weekend Only Insurance

Options
  • 24-06-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I heard from a friend that some insurance companies are doing a new type of policy for weekends only, whereby your insured from 06:00 Friday to 24:00 Sunday. I checked out some of the major companies (one direct, quinn etc) but they dont seem to do it. Does anyone know of any companies that do? Or does this type of thing even exist? I live and work in Dublin where I have no need for a car, but usually head home for the weekends where it would be damn handy to be insured on the aul pairs car while I'm there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only insurance policies I ever heard something like this being done is possibly classic car insurance.

Never heard of it being a standard policy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

baztard wrote:
    I heard from a friend that some insurance companies are doing a new type of policy for weekends only, whereby your insured from 06:00 Friday to 24:00 Sunday. I checked out some of the major companies (one direct, quinn etc) but they dont seem to do it. Does anyone know of any companies that do? Or does this type of thing even exist? I live and work in Dublin where I have no need for a car, but usually head home for the weekends where it would be damn handy to be insured on the aul pairs car while I'm there.

can you not just get on their insurance as named driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

it might be for a second weekend car tho'

I wanted to do this a few months back, get an older(not a classic) car for weekends and have a newer more reliable daily driver aswell. Never had any luck finding a company to do it. Classic insurance is the only options but most places insist the car is 20+ years old.

Advertisement