Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does everyone still buy online?

Options
  • 23-06-2006 8:03pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

Does everyone still buy laptops online, or have the prices gotten so that there's not much of a difference anymore?

I've been looking around various shops in Dublin (read: the three or four shops that actually sell laptops) and have been mosly surprised that the prices don't actually differ greatly from their online counterparts. 50 quid maybe, even 100 quid would seem worth it, because if anything goes wrong, the hassle of sending things back via the postal system is heartbreaking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

PC World in particular have surprised me with some decent deals.

Dell offer better special offers from time to time but in terms of general prices there isn't an awful lot of difference....plus the ease of being able to drop a PC/Lappy back into the store you brought it from is much handier.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

i bought my apple powerbook online, but that was because by doing so i got a discount for bring a student. i dont know would i have bought it online otherwise - probably!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Your right the pricing differs very little.

Dell always try to be less on price however they do sell most of their units at a loss.

Marketshare is their main priority most of the time when they are selling from the Home User part of their site, they get their margin from other areas of their business (enterprise) or from the upsells you add on, so thats why you can get base machines a lot cheaper from dell.

There are some nice Acer deals floating around the highstreet and I hear they are fantastic machines, its great to be able to walk in off the street and walk some with your laptop under your arm.

Advertisement