Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

drivers in the middle of the f****** road....

Options
  • 23-06-2006 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

on recent trips between cork and kerry i have met several pric** who are driving beyond the centre line in the road, what the f*** is their story like, is this the latest cool thing on our suicide roads?! i would like to drive into them and see what they say. a few trucks also had loads of room on thier side of the road but insist on hoggin up as much of the road as possible.

also, while im in this mood :D the cun** on the mallow road to cork in hgv's. tractors, micras, accents et al. who dont pull over to the slow lane should be nailed to a cross for a week, or two...... they are holding up other people, who may drive faster than 40mph, or be in a more urgent need to reach cork....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

I come fromone of those places and I can tell you there is no comfort in driving in the ditch, apart from the briars and bushes whacking the car all the the time, it is impossible to drink your coffee, when you keep hitting potholes in teh side. Also and for reasond unknown, I find the shape of the undulations are not as bad if you drive pretty much completely on teh wrong side. Bit like driving down a stairs vs driving up a stairs.
    And so long as the cars move over when you approach, what the problem with driving in the middle or opposite side?.
    And most trucks ar 60% of the width of the road, so what can a body do, ban large trucks might be appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Two possible reason why trucks avoid utilising the edge of some roads is that many roads have soft margins and may give way under heavy loads and another possible reason is avoiding losing the nearside mirror or catching the shoulder of the trailer on hedges which are cut to suit smaller vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ive noticed a lot of the MPV drivers tend to lean over the white line.
    My current hate at the moment is when you have to go down small streets, those drivers who leave you an inch of room to try and get by, while they have a good 2 foot of room on their left hand side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Pulling to hard shoulders is one thing but I was driving to GFs yesterday and was between Athy & Castledermot when a focus came down a straight stretch of road, 3/4 way on my side, I had to jam on and make for the ditch and as he pulled back to his own side it was a young fella (probably in Mammy's car) laughing his socks off with his mate in the passenger seat. Would have reported the Pr1ck if I got his reg! IS this the sort of suicidal lunatic that we let on the road.- ANGERR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

legs11 wrote:
    on recent trips between cork and kerry i have met several pric** who are driving beyond the centre line in the road, what the f*** is their story like, is this the latest cool thing on our suicide roads?! i would like to drive into them and see what they say. a few trucks also had loads of room on thier side of the road but insist on hoggin up as much of the road as possible.

also, while im in this mood :D the cun** on the mallow road to cork in hgv's. tractors, micras, accents et al. who dont pull over to the slow lane should be nailed to a cross for a week, or two...... they are holding up other people, who may drive faster than 40mph, or be in a more urgent need to reach cork....

Trust me, you will get a much better response if you put some thought into your thread and not make it all swearing and slang.
    Fair enought its a rant, blast away, but make it look intelligent and you will get intelligent responses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I too have noticed how on twisting 80kmph roads many cars are over the centre line, even on corners.

It tends to be 4WDs, and they "get away with it" of course, because when one approaches you it's a game of chicken and you'll slow and move to the ditch while they continue driving.

Maybe the carloan required to purchase a Landcruiser Amazon requires such high monthly repayments that drivers want to save on suspension repairs by avoiding the bad surface on their ditch?

as for cars driving well below the speed limit, again good point, it is so "selfish" (and yes lets use thw word where it is deserved) someone thinks that because they are not in a hurry they can motor along at 65kmph on a 100kmph road, if someone wants to drive at that speed (for whatever reason, eg carrying a delicate item in the car, or being a larner driver) then they should pull in every so often but have you noticed how pullin spots on roads have dissapperared? sometimes they remain with a height bar to stop members of the trevalling community or mobile homes from setting up home, but more often now they are blocked off with stones, and as the road is retarred they dissapper under vegetation

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I learned to drive on back country roads, and most of the time you'd stick to the centre as you just don't know what could be hidden in the verges. There can be potholes or huge fe*ckin rocks. However, it goes without saying that you do pull in when encountering traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Jumpy wrote:
    Trust me, you will get a much better response if you put some thought into your thread and not make it all swearing and slang.
    Fair enought its a rant, blast away, but make it look intelligent and you will get intelligent responses.

well 2 drivers came a whisker away from a head on with me, on the lisselton to ballybunion road a twat hit my mirror, doing about 80. thats pretty close, no?

try putting some thought into people who cant drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

legs11 wrote:

I hear you brother....
    Add people who don't know the rules of the road relating to roundabouts, people who dont indicate, people who drive too fast for no reason whatssoever, people who cut in front of me etc etc etc....

The level of driving competency on the irish roads is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

legs11 wrote:
    the cun** on the mallow road to cork in hgv's. tractors, micras, accents et al. who dont pull over to the slow lane should be nailed to a cross for a week, or two...... they are holding up other people, who may drive faster than 40mph, or be in a more urgent need to reach cork....

Shock horror.
    Stop overreacting ffs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Keyzer wrote:
    I hear you brother....

The level of driving competency on the irish roads is a joke.

Correction;
    The level of ...irish roads is a joke.
    There that's better.:D

Advertisement