Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP with Skype Dualphone

Options
  • 23-06-2006 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Help!
    I have bought a Skype Dualphone, which is designed for use with SKYPE (and works a treat). HOWEVER, I want to use it with another VOIP provider, and I wanted to see if any "techies" out there might be able to help with my problem.

I was told by my alternative voip provider that a "skype" phone would work, but here is my problem -
    When I use my prioviders viop, I set it up to use the USB phone for loudspeaker and Mic - so far so good. In order to activate the phone mic and speaker I need to hit the pc-call button, which shows the Skype caller list on the screen, and, as I said, activates the sound and mic on the phone for my alternative voip provider, allowing me to hear and be heard by my call recipient.
    The problem is, that after about a minute, the handset automatically goes back to standby, and moves out of the skype caller list, thereby switching off the sound and mic connetion to my VOIP provider.
    The call is still under way, - I can still pick up the sound and voice again, but ONLY after hitting the pc-call button again!
    Obviously it is not realistic for me to be able to hold a conversation if I have to keep hitting the pc-call button every minute or so, and of course anything that my call recipient might be saying at that point is cut off!
    Presumably, the phone can only recognise an active call with SKYPE, and therefore since it thinks it is not in use, it simply returns to the Standby mode?
    Can anyone give me a tip, or any advice on how to make this phone work for me without cutting me off every minute?
    Any advice or direction with this problem would be MOST welcome!!
    Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Alex

Advertisement