Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Impreza 1.6

Options
  • 23-06-2006 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking seriously at 2 Imprezas.. there are a few niggly things that I wanna get sorted with each of them if I were to buy.

*A respray on a 1/2 foot x 1/2 foot area on the back bumper - is this easily done or will the entire bumper have to be done? Does anyone have costings for this?

*Getting dents knocked out.. is this easily done and/or how much would it cost? There are only 2 small dents from what I can see, maybe 2x2 inches.

*I'll want to debadge the bootlid, anyone with costings?

*Are the 1.6 engines easy to modify and/or is there any point - is there much more power to be gained?

Cheers
    Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Not much to be gained with a 1.6 Impeza to Be honest mate, air filter and exhaust is pretty much the only thing you can do!!

I would imagine the whole bumper would need to be sprayed just to make sure its all the same colour so it shouldn't cost that much!! Same goes for the dents!! Get all that and the debadging done together and it will be cheap enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Thanks, I guessed as much regarding the engine anyway - explains why the insurance was so decent :D

As far as the bodywork goes, I really don't have a clue what someone would consider cheap? I may only have a coupla hundred quid to spend on touch ups like :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I will pm you a number now to get sorted!! ;)

Advertisement