Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Gt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mondeoman wrote:

Ask Jeremy Clarkeson about his one before getting the cheque book out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Actually followed one from the airport a while back, driven by a girl:eek: who looked no older than 25. I have nothing more to add:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'd love to know how much they're for. ****, now is one of those times where I want to go out and work seven jobs at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

bazz26 wrote:

seems he never drove it anywhere and back again without it breaking down...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I thought there were more than 101?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

seen this exact one this morning on georges street in city centre.beautiful car.sports and classic seem to have some nice cars.:rolleyes:

I thought there were more than 101?
    yeah i thought that, as theres more than 4-5 in ireland.so there must be loads more in the world:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Saw one on the Navan Road tonight. Nice.

EDIT: Thats the one I saw!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

drdre wrote:
    yeah i thought that, as theres more than 4-5 in ireland.so there must be loads more in the world:D

Source? I thought there was just one in Ireland? And 20-odd more in the UK? Could be wrong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

qz wrote:
    I'd love to know how much they're for. ****, now is one of those times where I want to go out and work seven jobs at the same time.

Knowing Ireland probably about €170-180,000. In the states you can get them for about $150,000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

slade_x wrote:
    Knowing Ireland probably about €170-180,000. In the states you can get them for about $150,000

Based on prices of "average" cars like corollas, Jettas, Maximas, Boxers, etc.
    Take the USD price, x2 and replace the $ with an € and there you have it, €300,000

qz wrote:
    Source? I thought there was just one in Ireland? And 20-odd more in the UK? Could be wrong.
    nah theres red one, silver one in garage and this guy brought over 1 so far so minium 3/4 in ireland so far but there will be afew more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

DMC wrote:
    Saw one on the Navan Road tonight. Nice.

EDIT: Thats the one I saw!

Must be the same one I saw twice yesterday around the Tyrrelstown/Blanchardstown area but I was convinced it had the blue stripes on it. You really could just drive over the top of it if you weren't looking it sits that low on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Jeremy Clarkson had more problems with it than it just breaking down constantlyt IIRC. Didn't he get stuck (literally!) somewhere in Central London and had to reverse all the way back out again, and then there's the problem of parking it in wide enough a a space that you can actually get in and out of it. I'd say if it doesn't work in London, there's no way in hell that it's a practical car in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Alun wrote:
    Jeremy Clarkson had more problems with it than it just breaking down constantlyt IIRC. Didn't he get stuck (literally!) somewhere in Central London and had to reverse all the way back out again, and then there's the problem of parking it in wide enough a a space that you can actually get in and out of it. I'd say if it doesn't work in London, there's no way in hell that it's a practical car in Dublin.

you could say the same for Hummer,ferrari,bentley etc all are not practical in Dublin,does'nt stop people buying them.

clarksons car suffered with alarm/imobilser problems it did not break down mechanically,anyway all is fixed now & he has the car back.

if you notice that car in the picture is a left hand drive,the 28 that came to the U.K where Right hand drive cars.:cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sorry, lads but the GT is one ugly car. (IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Lads I've been to Sport & Classic and seen this very car in the flesh, been in it and some other stuff also. Its an amazing car in the flesh and more practical than most !

This is a poxy picture, but Ford GT, Murcielago, and Ferrari in the same shot !

DSCF0076.jpg

mondeoman wrote:
    clarksons car suffered with alarm/imobilser problems it did not break down mechanically,anyway all is fixed now & he has the car back.

Apparently he hasn't:

Page1: http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1677058,00.html

Page2: http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1677058_2,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

bazz26 wrote:

THATS DATED JULY 2005,
    He said on a recent top gear that he bought it back;)

mondeoman wrote:
    THATS DATED JULY 2005,
    He said on a recent top gear that he bought it back;)

Must have missed that. :)

• Advertisement

Jip wrote:
    Must be the same one I saw twice yesterday around the Tyrrelstown/Blanchardstown area but I was convinced it had the blue stripes on it. You really could just drive over the top of it if you weren't looking it sits that low on the ground.
    the mileage on the ford gt must be high as people have seen him all over dublin:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Forget the GT - I'd walk past a field full of naked Baywatch nymphomaniacs to get to the AC Cobra :o)

Dilbert75 wrote:
    Forget the GT - I'd walk past a field full of naked Baywatch nymphomaniacs to get to the AC Cobra :o)

are you feeling alright:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

If I was in a Cobra, they'd be lining up for me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

drdre wrote:
    the mileage on the ford gt must be high as people have seen him all over dublin:eek:

You mean all over D.15. I saw it today aswell, also in D.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Coyote

Dilbert75 wrote:

saw a 1971 AC Cobra with the roof down in D4 about a week ago, sounded class
    have loved them for years but a real one cost 200,000 :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

bazz26 wrote:
    Times Online - Sorry, Ford, I have to ask for my money back
    Excellent article

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

that link was posted above and discussed.

read the thread.

Advertisement