Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Date

Options
  • 22-06-2006 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Got the letter today for the big day and well turns out it's on the 28th of July. Grand except i'm in the USA from the 22nd of July until the 4th of Aug.

What can i do now?

If i cancel does that mean another 11 months waiting for a re-test? :( Or can it be rescheduled for some time around then?

Opti

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You might be able to get it moved forward by a week or so but it would mean being slotted into a cancelled slot and getting the test at a moment's notice. I did that when it turned out my test clashed with my exams.

Ring them and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

No you won't have to wait another 11 months for just rescheduling. But do it as quickly as possible. The sooner you reschedule the better you will get a good date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Cheers plan to call them in the morning about it i take it office hours are 9-5:30 etc i dont want to leave a message on the automated system.

Now all i have to do is buy some L plates :p and cruise around the test center for a while of an evening if even. I've been driving years just never was pushed to do the test but now i want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

when I did the same (was in london for one day the day of the test) I was put to the end of que....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

jhegarty wrote:
    when I did the same (was in london for one day the day of the test) I was put to the end of que....
    If that happens i'll be getting the letter from work to get bumped up the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What will happen is the tester will get to sit on his árse for 30 minutes, this is Ireland and you will go back to the end of the queue.
    I sometimes wonder if we had the NCT (on the nct site you can rearrange tests in seconds as it changes dynamically all the time) boys as driving testers what the wait would be like..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

You only get bumped back to the end if you cancel twice in a row.

Advertisement