Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the law with regard to carparks?

Options
  • 22-06-2006 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I' m thinking specifically of the ignoring of one-way systems in shopping-centres etc. Is doing so a breach of the Road Traffic Acts?

Thank you,

Terry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,337 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think it breaches the Road Traffic Act unless its contiguous with a public road.

It is however a trespass agaisnt the owner (up to €3,000 fine) and if you have an accident, driving the wrong way is going to get you lots of bad marks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

During opening hours it is a public place under the road traffic act.

Any place the public has access to by right or by charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

my poor mother had a bad incident a few months ago thanks to some idiot that did just what the OP suggested. he wasnt charged for the bad driving tho, just the fact that he was 4 times over the limit and prob on drugs too. what kind of punishment could u expect if the road traffic act was thrown at you??

Font22 wrote:
    just the fact that he was 4 times over the limit
    Probably an exaggeration. That amount of alcohol will have you comatose.

Something like that is an automatic ban and the insurance company is likely to not contest fault, only quantum (amount).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

well thats what is printed on the report that my mum was shown. but thats besides the point.

• Advertisement

320 is four times the limit. 400 kills 50% of people.

http://www.abc.net.au/quantum/poison/alcohol/alcohol.htm
    3. A single dose of alcohol, if large enough, can be lethal.

A blood alcohol level of about 300-400 mg per 100 ml will usually cause loss of consciousness. However, highly tolerant individuals may show only moderate drunkeness at 400 mg per 100 ml, the normal LD50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭maidhc

Victor wrote:
    320 is four times the limit. 400 kills 50% of people.

I always have been under the illusion the "limit" is about 2 pints, 8, or even 10 pints in a night is well managable (I'd be keeled over, but plenty can).

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

80mg per 100ml.

Locked. Read the Charter and stickies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement