Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is playing what 2nite?

Options
  • 22-06-2006 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭

It looks like we are spoiled for choice 2nite ladies and gents:

1) The infamous 50 DC at SE
    2) GJP 70+10 in Europa
    3) The 150 FO in Fitz
    4) Im sure jackpot have something on as well that I cant recall.

So speak up folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

option 1 please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I 'have' to go drinking first but may pop into the SE around Cinderella time for some cash action....

tough life ain't it?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think I am going to crawl under a rock and sleep, but if I get energy I will be heading to the Fitz. There were around 70 runners last week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

5starpool wrote:
    I think I am going to crawl under a rock and sleep, but if I get energy I will be heading to the Fitz. There were around 70 runners last week I think.

70 runners huh? Damn world cup. Though I do need some live poker. Might head in for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My brand new 19" LCD, 8ms response time and kick-ass gaming mouse (hells yeah you can get mice designed for gaming!) was delivered to me today so I'm not sure I can drag myself away from the computer for very long tonight (think of all the extra hardcore por....I mean spreadsheets I can now fit on the screen) - but if I can, the SE it will be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

I'm still quite shaken from my 1st hand exit with Aces on monday in the 100 freezeout but I have a good feeling in my waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

I'm still quite shaken from my 1st hand exit with Aces on monday in the 100 freezeout but I have a good feeling in my waters.

I hope thats a good feeling. . . or else I could be terribly sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mepink

How much do you serious poker nuts spend each week on poker, i.e. how much can each of you "afford" to lose per week in this big games. I play a bit of small blinds no limit internet poker and it all adds up pretty fast if you get on a bit of a losing streak. :mad:

I reckon some of you may have gambling issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Off topic rant.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mepink wrote:
    How much do you serious poker nuts spend each week on poker, i.e. how much can each of you "afford" to lose per week in this big games. I play a bit of small blinds no limit internet poker and it all adds up pretty fast if you get on a bit of a losing streak. :mad:

Thanks for your input, now go away. And for the 'politeness police' out there this reply is about as constructive as the post I am replying to, and I am still recoving from a hangover so I have a drinking problem too it seems.

• Advertisement

sorry my post seems to have offended you.

I am just curious to know what kind of level you guys are spending at. is it €100 per week, €400 per week etc. Or is it more isolated weeks of larger amounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

a lot of the players on here actually make a profit, mepink.

for others, its a fun way to spend a portion of there income, and far more healthy than the way a lot of others spend their income.

As for how much, it depends on the person, some would earn a lot in work, and can afford to spend this on poker.
    Some make several thousand a month from poker.
    Some play once twice a month, spending 100-200 quid.
    Everyone has different circumstances.

Personally, i pay about €3k in rake alone each month to poker sites, so i need to win this first, just to break even !!

cheers Rob, just interested to know.

I am just a small cash internet player and have a limit of €100 per month. I am up slightly overall:)

I had the impression that real life games were for serious money, but presumably this is not always the case.

Off topic rant

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

ollyk1 wrote:
    I reckon you could be right mepink. I'll be very careful. Thanks for the tip.

What about going out and getting very drunk at the weekends and spending all my cash on that is that an acceptable use of my money?

I reckon you may have drinking issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

mepink wrote:

welcome to the forum

did you not notice the link to GA at the top of the page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭The Ace Face

I'm settling down for 5 hours of Tribeca 2nite, paid in to 3 mtts already! Sprinkle some 9 seater stts in and some world cup on t.v. sounds like heaven to me! ...just have to get the kids to bed.....

Just got my laptop back from Dell..so I'm poker fresh and raring to go....

Quick point ..played Rob's $200 mtt on PPP on Saturday nite & Scottish qualifier....standard was so muck in both it was unbelievable...the calls and play was terrible..I'm no Phil Ivey but please....PPPSpecial was at my $200 table for a while he will agree....

anyway rant over....better luck tonight....gl to all u live gamers.....not arsed driving from Wickla

Ray:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

SE for me, hope to see a few of you there. I'm meeting the chief for a pint beforehand in Kehoes to discuss tactics.

I got encouraged to make myself scarce last night on the home front so I turned up at the SE.

A very good boards turnout in a 48 runner field with Lazare, Washout, Gholi, Ionapaul, modmuffin and others in attendance. Myself and Paul made it to the FT but we both only managed to crash out for our money back after 2am. G'ah! :rolleyes:

I hope the boys attending the Fitz game had more sucess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I had the most excruciating night of Pot Limit Omaha of my life, going from 200 to 600 at 1/2. Then from 600 to 2k at 2/4. And then from 2k to busto via the sickest outdraws on the face of the Earth. I hate Omaha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

ollyk1 wrote:
    I got encouraged to make myself scarce last night on the home front so I turned up at the SE.

A very good boards turnout in a 48 runner field with Lazare, Washout, Gholi, Ionapaul, modmuffin and others in attendance. Myself and Paul made it to the FT but we both only managed to crash out for our money back after 2am. G'ah! :rolleyes:

I hope the boys attending the Fitz game had more sucess.

Where were you sitting at FT? Where you beside the huge CL?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ligger wrote:

Be careful not to irk Olly. He would prefer some quid pro quo im sure;)

Seat 4 for me, was CL going to FT and then saw my PK JJ get beaten by the monster Q10 hitting a str8 on the river. Maybe that was Olly either:)

ligger wrote:
    Seat 7. Beside the "monster" in seat 9 after I took out seat 8. Were you in seat 5?

ligger wrote:
    Seat 4 for me, was CL going to FT and then saw my PK JJ get beaten by the monster Q10 hitting a str8 on the river. Maybe that was Olly either:)

So you were the only boardster to make money then!! WP. You played a good game its a pity at 2.30am the we were all playing with 3-6 BB but the game has to finish at some stage I guess. How did you finish? did you take it down?

ollyk1 wrote:
    Seat 7. Beside the "monster" in seat 9 after I took out seat 8. Were you in seat 5?
    Seat 4 was playing at same table with you up to the bubble as well. I hit Quads twice, which was nice:) Was a good bit of craic but the play was a bit questionable with all those "monster hands" being seen. The big CL went on to win by the way.

Be careful not to irk Olly. He would prefer some quid pro quo im sure;)

Methinks I come across a lot more grumpy in text. :rolleyes: In real life I'm not that bad. Honest Guv! :p

Had some great fun at the two table stage on table two. My trash talk game was going very well :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Bah humbug. Olly, I made a mistake not calling your all-in on my big blind, a few hands after I took yours and you had your 2 minute long dwell up. I bet I was ahead of you when you pushed looking for...REVENGE (just like the Count of Monte Cristo).

Ligger I was in seat 3, right beside you.

Lots of play up to the final table last night, I can't say enough about how much I like the new structure compared to the old one, its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ollyk1 wrote:

Had some great fun at the two table stage on table two. My trash talk game was going very well :D:D

lol. Your honing your table talk to a fine art for sure. You give the punters good value for money before taking their money with a smile:D

• Advertisement

ionapaul wrote:
    Bah humbug. Olly, I made a mistake not calling your all-in on my big blind, a few hands after I took yours and you had your 2 minute long dwell up. I bet I was ahead of you when you pushed looking for...REVENGE (just like the Count of Monte Cristo).

Ligger I was in seat 3, right beside you.

Lots of play up to the final table last night, I can't say enough about how much I like the new structure compared to the old one, its great.

Were you the one with the magic jacket so..?

Was plenty of play at FT but in the end the CL had 85% of chips and the other 3 had the rest going down to the final 4. I knocked out the 2 brothers at the FT in one hand when I hit and A on the turn with the "monster" A6 o/s. Dont blame me but it was only 3k more than the BB to call. 1st hand heads up all the money in pre flop and he has PK 99 V A4 (another monster) and we both hit str8s and he has the one to the 9. Ho hum.

Advertisement