Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exploding DELL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Certainly a hair raising experience I imagine,pity no model details provided bout the Dell Laptop,dont fancy having one blow up in your face doing that last minute report in MS word..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I could easily be wrong given that it's pretty small in the pic but looks like a Latitude D810.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Imagine if you were playing a game or doing something like typing an important work document when that happened :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

the real imagine, is if you were on a plane !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

worse yet, you had it on your lap in a confined space e.g a plane (i know someone would say that if i just saif confined space lol)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

LMAO Dell you can always have a good laugh about them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

WillieDH wrote:
    the real imagine, is if you were on a plane !!!

hehe, air marshal pointing a gun into your face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

In Japan you say, I can just see the Toshiba engineer sneaking away in the background ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

tom-thebox wrote:
    hehe, air marshal pointing a gun into your face :D

least of your worries when you have just scortched you nether regions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Looks like an Inspiron to me.

Last year Dell recalled some laptop batteries... obviously not everybody heard about it.

Could have been any laptop manufacturer tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Um, no one else think it looks slightly explosive for a small laptop? And it seemd to be suprisingly intact in the second photo after having self destructed in the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

TimAy wrote:
    Um, no one else think it looks slightly explosive for a small laptop? And it seemd to be suprisingly intact in the second photo after having self destructed in the first.
    It looks like one of those chemical reactions with some weird metals. Which is plausible and a good reason to recall a battery .So it looks real to me.

Then in the 2nd picture the case and whats left has caught fire.

Thats the way I see it.

I see from here i can return my old and unused battery for a free one. Great. It stopped charging ages ago! https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/

Advertisement