Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Philosophical Question...

Options
  • 22-06-2006 3:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

When Kellogs made Rice Krispies, did they intend for them to go snap, crackle and pop or did it jus happen and they played on it?? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pure fluke tbh :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have often thought about that. They have explaining to do.

they may have done it on purpose, for some fiendish plot.

--
    When Kellogg's* Rice Krispies are toasted the cooked and dried rice "berries" expand their size (puff) to many times their normal size. Since the weight of the rice berry and its material mass remains nearly the same, the rice material is stretched to form very thin walls of the Rice Krispies structure. This is much like a very thin glass crystal. When subjected to a change in heat, a severe "stress" is set up and the thin wall fractures - creating a Snap, Crackle and Pop!

This happens in the cereal bowl when cold milk (i.e. heat stress) is poured in the Rice Krispies and presto SNAP! CRACKLE! POP! The sounds are made by the uneven absorption of milk by the cereal bubbles.

Oh and, http://www.kelloggs.com/brand/characters/snapcracklepop.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They have been dragging out the snap, crackle and pop thing for too long now, hight time it was changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I think its all crackle and no snap or pop. crackle is hogging the limelight and its time for him to step down gracefully.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

When Kellogs made Rice Krispies, did they intend for them to go snap, crackle and pop or did it jus happen and they played on it?? :confused:

OK, laugh! But there is a philosophical position that kinda' addresses this. That of William James. His phil has a funny name, too. It's called "The bear in the woods" and could be applied to your question.

You want to hear about his bear? It's a nice day in the woods. You are walking along a forested trail. All of a sudden a bear jumps out, stands on his hinde legs, and roars! You run. Now, did fear make you run, or, after running, did your interpret your action as one associated with fear?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

all i ever hear is crackle tbh. isn't this false advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

But it's fun to listen to. As long as milk doesn't get in your ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

They should have taken into consideration when you pour the milk in the fvckers float to the top and go all over the table.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

You know the way dunnes, tesco, supervalu etc all have their own brands of Kellogs products .. sometimes with the same name.. did Kellogs agree to that or what?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I dont think any agreement has to be made at all.As long as its not a carbon copy of the product its OK i think.There are little name changes on stores own brand products .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

"Krisp Rice"

Nothing wrong with it either, the only noticable difference is €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Which one does everyone think might be gay?

I'm going to go with Snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

It's gotta be Pop,he's a pussy.Every ad that comes on he gets pushed around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

they're all gay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Which one does everyone think might be gay?

I'm going to go with Snap.
    no it's deffo Pop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

It's Snap; he's the intelligent* one.

[*] :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I always thought Cap'n Crunch was a bit of a limp wrist too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

After reading your question three times Ive decided that this isnt a deep philosophical question and that you were just toying with us.

Anyway, I think it was a fluke too. Nobody could have foreseen it. If you listen carfully, I think youll actually find that snap and pop get very little input, its all about crackle in fact. Listen to it. Should have called them Crackle flakes imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭angelicsaz

memories.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mm, that's nice?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement