Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed trap extravaganza July?

Options
  • 21-06-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Got this passed to me today...prob BS but interesting and unsurprising also if it was found to be true!

I was doing a job this week for a Garda from
    the Traffic Corps. While I was there, he told me that starting Saturday
    1st July, they will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that over e250,000 will be generated in speeding tickets.
    100,000 will go to pay Garda over time.
    There will 50 Gardai on duty at all times patrolling on the following:

M7/N7 from Naas to Portlaoise
    N4 to Mullingar from Dublin
    N6 to Athlone
    N81 to Baltinglass
    N11 to Wexford
    M50
    Dublin - Drogheda

Their will be additional Gardai assigned to 'flying squads' - mobile
    units to patrol all other routes in Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare, Meath,
    Laois, Westmeath, Offaly, Louth and Kilkenny

I'm warning everyone now that 5 kmph above the limit can justify a
    ticket and every Garda is supposed to pull a car over and write a
    ticket every 20 minutes. They have issued brand new unmarked cars. If you must take one of these main routes, or surrounding roads beware. It's up to you how fast you go. I was told Today FM confirmed all of this(off the record). So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you. You've been warned.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement