Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Coupe

Options
  • 21-06-2006 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Thinking of getting a 2004 hyundai coupe (1.6).
    Just wondering what peoples experience of these are? Mainly looking at resale value, reliability, general performance and safety?
    Sorry for asking, but any help would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Great car, great warranty and a lovely car to drive, by the way I'm selling a lovely 05 one and I'll give you a great deal.;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

lol! Thanks for the offer! Im looking to trade in, so I dont think you'll want my old car (unless you are looking for an almera!).

Ive been reading up on it, and my main concerns are:

Bad turning curve
    Low powered

Have you experienced these?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

antodeco wrote:
    Hi All,
    Thinking of getting a 2004 hyundai coupe (1.6).
    Just wondering what peoples experience of these are? Mainly looking at resale value, reliability, general performance and safety?
    Sorry for asking, but any help would be great.

Thanks

Yes if you can afford the facelifted 2005 model then I would choose that one. It has half leather seats as standard and nicer subtle styling changes over the 2004 model.

My girlfriend's sister has a 2002 1.6 Coupe since new and has had no trouble with it. Just be careful of the interior trim as it tends to be a bit flimsy and the plastics especially the dashboard look a bit shiny after a year or two.

The 1.6 litre is no rocket but is lively enough for Irish roads. Not sure about resale value but due to cheap running costs of the 1.6 litre and nice styling I'm sure there are no problems finding a buyer for it.

ok cool. Well in fairness, I currently have a 2006 hatchback almera. that has NO resale value! Priced 2 year old ones, going for aroun 10k - 13k, ouch! thats a huge amount of depreciation!

Im getting a 2004 coupe for 18.5k, which overall is a good price. The 05 models are around 3k more! 3k more that i dont have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'll trade your Almera no problem...seriously.:)

• Advertisement

really? pm me..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Flangemonger

I'm jealous, the 2002- coupes are beautiful. Waiting patiently for time to pass so they drop into my price bracket and then I'm in there! :)
    I prefer the gills on the front wing that they had before the restyle last year. The revised scoops aren't quite as pretty but I'd still take one in the morning!
    Plus in the reviews I've read, they were better rated than the Celica so I'd say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I prefer the gills on the front wing that they had before the restyle last year. The revised scoops aren't quite as pretty but I'd still take one in the morning!
    Plus in the reviews I've read, they were better rated than the Celica so I'd say go for it.[/COLOR][/FONT]

THey are nowhere near as good to drive, own or look at as the Celica, but they are cheap. Don't be fooled into thinking they're a sportscar, they're simply an Elantra with a different body. Great car for the money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

colm_mcm wrote:
    THey are nowhere near as good to drive, own or look at as the Celica, but they are cheap. Don't be fooled into thinking they're a sportscar, they're simply an Elantra with a different body. Great car for the money though.

Bang on, very pretty car but far from being a sports car, you really have to trash the 1.6 to get anywhere and the 2.0 isn't much better. Personally i found the ride pretty harsh but i guess you don't get these cars for comfort! :D

Good buy all the same as long as your expectations are reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Gateway

Plus in the reviews I've read, they were better rated than the Celica so I'd say go for it.

Now that's complete BS!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement