Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S/E Scalps Tonight

Options
  • 21-06-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading along to this tonight? HalfBaked and ChiefBrody should both be there and i'm putting an extra €10 bounty on each of them.

Structure is better now as well. 150/300 level is in, so it doesn't descend into a crapshoot like before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ianmc38 wrote:
    Anyone heading along to this tonight? HalfBaked and ChiefBrody should both be there and i'm putting an extra €10 bounty on each of them.

....you do need all the help you can get!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ianmc38 wrote:

Structure is better now as well. 150/300 level is in, so it doesn't descend into a crapshoot like before.

damn I was going to go until you said this....Holland/Argentina it is then

have been away for a while Ian, how are you treating my favourite Asian deity - are you minding him for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

damn I was going to go until you said this....Holland/Argentina it is then

have been away for a while Ian, how are you treating my favourite Asian deity - are you minding him for me?

He is now known in the S/E as "pot" prenounced po'. I played briefly with him last night before heading off for some much needed zzzs at a respectable hour. Only heard him say the magic word once last night to the delight of everyone at the cash tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I love that guy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

id love to head in tonite but argie/holland.

hmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Halfbaked took this down. He played some great stuff and showed plenty of respect to his elders:D ;) It was in effect a two table shorthanded sit and go with 13 runners and 10 rebuys.

A well run game (Dave runs a good show) and a nice structure with the 150/300 level and 7k stack (3k starting stack plus a rebuy or topup of 4k) making for a decent game.

Well I would say that wouldn't I? after I managed to recover from rebuying on the third hand after donking away my chips to scrape into second. A boards lurker (he promises to post soon!) came third. In terms of the size of the prize pool I probably should have joined De Deraco in the Fitz but it was nice to be home by 12.30 with a little profit in my pocket. :rolleyes:

This game will take off when the world cup clashes cease . Well it's going down on my regular list anyway.

PS

The pleasure of robbing Ian's BB for an hour was immense pity he couldn't rebuy a few more times!!!:p :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Well done lads. I reckon it will be a better turn out next wednesday because theres no world cup game on that day. Might go myself next week.

Nice meeting you last night Olly, played a mean game yourself.

It's funny actually, as before I knew who you were I was thinking to myself this is the one person at the table I need to particularly careful of. Resulting in me giving you the respect.... well that and the fact I don't like picking on the older folk;)

This would have been the case for Nick (Vegas Nights) as well, except for the fact that (unfortunately for him) he was short stacked and not getting the cards. Did well to last as long as he did and as always played the short stack well (not that I'm inferring you always have a short stack Nick:) )

The tourney is a nice structure, and as you said Olly it will get the numbers once the world cup is over. It's nice to play a tourney where there's a bit of play other than all in poker when it gets to the final stages.

Excellent work on Ian's blinds by the way, I'm sure it was a pleasure

HalfBaked wrote:
    It's funny actually, as before I knew who you were I was thinking to myself this is the one person at the table I need to particularly careful of. Resulting in me giving you the respect.... well that and the fact I don't like picking on the older folk;)

Excellent work on Ian's blinds by the way, I'm sure it was a pleasure

That's because of the glare HalfBaked, it's all in the glare as Ionapaul will atestfy!! ;)

If only Ian paid this old man the same respect as you he wouldn't have been forced to go over to the cash tables and clean up!! :D:D Now that I think of it some random bloke who put a bounty on Ian's head owes me €20! :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ollyk1 wrote:
    That's because of the glare HalfBaked, it's all in the glare as Ionapaul will atestfy!! ;)

If only Ian paid this old man the same respect as you he wouldn't have been forced to go over to the cash tables and clean up!! :D:D Now that I think of it some random bloke who put a bounty on Ian's head owes me €20! :eek:
    I thought you were a young fella Olly (well 28 maybe)? I might go to this next week since Wednesday is a rest day.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote:
    I thought you were a young fella Olly (well 28 maybe)? I might go to this next week since Wednesday is a rest day.

Actually 27.608 years old Dom but who's counting? No I just felt a bit old last night that is all but if you join us next week it should pull the average age of the players right up!! :D

ollyk1 wrote:
    If only Ian paid this old man the same respect as you he wouldn't have been forced to go over to the cash tables

tsk tsk...the youth of today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

decided to stay in for the hol-argie game.

any chief brody tales of woe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ollyk1 wrote:
    No I just felt a bit old last night

Just remember that however old you felt last night..... you're older today. Oh the joys of being 22

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Congrats to Halfbaked & Olly, wp last night. good tourney, Loads of play as the lads said, although i did go pretty card dead for most of the final table so didnt really get too much play!!

Halfbaked, no need to thank me for donating all my chips & my scalp.....theyre actually only on loan til next week!!:D

Anyhow, it was good to meet you guys.
    Looks like im no longer a Boards Lurker ;)

anyone going in for the double chance tonight??

modmuffin wrote:
    Congrats to Halfbaked & Olly, wp last night. good tourney, Loads of play as the lads said, although i did go pretty card dead for most of the final table so didnt really get too much play!!

Halfbaked, no need to thank me for donating all my chips & my scalp.....theyre actually only on loan til next week!!:D

Anyhow, it was good to meet you guys.
    Looks like im no longer a Boards Lurker ;)

anyone going in for the double chance tonight??

Welcome on Board modmuffin!!:) I was well impressed with your ballsy push at the end last night. You nursed that stack well at the FT. I'm afraid I won't be there tonight but I'll be back next week looking to go one better!

ollyk1 wrote:
    Actually 27.608 years old Dom but who's counting? No I just felt a bit old last night that is all but if you join us next week it should pull the average age of the players right up!! :D
    Young whippersnapper you!!!!

I am going to try to enjoy the last 10 or so weeks of my twenties, ah the memories of youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

5starpool wrote:
    Young whippersnapper you!!!!

I am going to try to enjoy the last 10 or so weeks of my twenties, ah the memories of youth.
    Oh god Dom, don't mention the 'big tree-oh' - I have less than 10 weeks to go! What will I tell the 22 year old young wans I chat up when they ask me my age? 'Late 20s' sounds alright, but 'Ahem, well, you see, I'm kinda, like, you know, 30!'....no no no, it just won't work. Gotta find me a wife before August and accept my life as a young person is going, going....gone :(

yah, someone here I am younger than then :)

My play last night was worse than that of a donkey. Olly had me on tilt from my very first bb when he stole it on the button. he then repeated this on every subsequent orbit of the table for the entire hour I was playing. Eventually I got fed up and decided to play back with a monstrous 66.

I won the princely sum of 75 on a rock garden of a cash table before losing my trousers in the Fitz. Luckily I got them back in the Jackpot later on. Well one leg anyway....

• Advertisement

ianmc38 wrote:
    My play last night was worse than that of a donkey. Olly had me on tilt from my very first bb when he stole it on the button. he then repeated this on every subsequent orbit of the table for the entire hour I was playing. Eventually I got fed up and decided to play back with a monstrous 66.

Owned! :p:D

ollyk1 wrote:
    Owned! :p:D

More like raped. Owned is too nice a term for the treatment you gave me last night.

My poker formula

If (me == BB && ollyk1 == button) {
    ianTilt() = true;

}

modmuffin wrote:

Well played yourself. I'd like to say that I'm 'minding' your scalp for you, but truth be told I spent it all in London. Yes the whole €10, I think I managed to buy one drink:(

Advertisement