Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it a sign?

Options
  • 21-06-2006 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I was bored just now and decided to see if the exam results were up, despite the fact that it's probably way too early. When I clicked 'Current Student Records' I kept getting an error message and when I tried logging in via the secure route it wouldn't accept my log in details. Is this a sign that the results are coming soon or is it just simply an error? (I'm really impatient, you should have seen me waiting for the LC results!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

They are supposed to be out on Monday. You should be able to get them online Friday evening though, well usually.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I can login fine.

Couldn't tho early in the week, kept getting a error.
    Please note that Student Transcripts have been disabled due to grading. Transcripts will be available again on the 03rd July 2006.

shows up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭hotnipples

I'm kinda starting to worry, did very well in semester one but not too good in semester 2 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

word on the street is everyone who failed something received a letter home.

Ooo, really? Ya know of someone who got one? If I can confirm that it would allow me to sleep a bit easier for the next 4 or so nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Those who failed are usually the first to know with a letter home (or so the story goes each year). The server usually buckles every year too; I wouldn't read anything into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Yes I can confirm it. I know of people who have already received them. But Im not saying for definite that everyone who hasn't received a letter home has passed, although i hope so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I too can confirm the letter home thingy (Not me thanks god!)

Any bets on how the server will stand up?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Know of someone who received results today and were good news. he was on TP last semester though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fiona23

Is it not really early for UL to be sending out letters?? They really are a law unto themselves. I think I'm not going to get my hopes up yest just in case!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Fiona23 wrote:
    Is it not really early for UL to be sending out letters?? They really are a law unto themselves. I think I'm not going to get my hopes up yest just in case!!
    They're doing the student a favour by letting them know quickly.
    Ah,go on, get your hopes up. It's more fun.

No everytime I get a tad bit confident in UL it usually gets messed up. Thank god I'm outta there touch wood

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Nukem wrote:
    he was on TP last semester though

Toilet paper???

Has anyone heard of someone getting a letter who did exams last semester? Or were all the letters sent so far for people who were on TP or co-op??

Peteee wrote:
    Toilet paper???

Teaching Practice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Peteee wrote:
    Toilet paper???

/me bangs head against wall :rolleyes:

The results should be up hopefully by the end of the week. I'll be checking at work while the rest of the world is blissfully asleep. Hopefully the site won't be too busy at 04:00 in the morning.

Cheers
    Rory

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Peteee wrote:
    Toilet paper???
    3 squares.
    -1 up
    -1 down
    -1 to polish

Teaching Practise is correct

Nukem wrote:
    3 squares.
    -1 up
    -1 down
    -1 to polish

Teaching Practise is correct

*yoink*!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ya all the letters were sent last thursday. I know this from someone workin in de office place:) and if you dont have one now you can be fairly confident that you didnt fail.

Exxcceellentt!!

What IS this strange feeling.. is this PEACE OF MIND?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Anyone I know who got a letter with their results(only 5 people so I could be wrong), failed something or got an I-Grade for a module in the first semester. So it might not necessarily mean we've all passed...just to put a downer on things!!

So 5 people you know got letters failed something? Doesn't that further prove the idea ? Bah I'll just wait and see..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Um no, those five people had problems in the FIRST semester, they found out in the letters that they had passed the second.

I rang student services and thay said that they are sending out letters all the time and that letters are sent out in no particular order they are sent out according to decisions made by the college council. So I wouldn't be reading anything into it....

Advertisement